Help!

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Help!

Postby ranmafan » February 19th, 2012, 5:49 pm

I am having trouble going into trance, it seems I keep falling asleep instead..i manage to wake up during the awakener part but im pretty sure im going to sleep instead :( What can I do?
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ProfessorPig » February 19th, 2012, 10:20 pm

for awhile i was listening to files as i slept and i found that when i tried listening to files durring the day the would just put me to sleep. what i found worked well for me was sitting up in a chair while listening to files.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby Tigarr » February 20th, 2012, 3:20 pm

I have the same problem - even while sitting upright in a chair.

Many times I think I'm trying to focus on what's said so much that I just can't relax...

other times I think because I have trouble with 1 four letter word: OBEY - once that word hits, everything tends to stop for me. Obedient, I am not.

any suggestions for me? :/ I mean if I didn't want to experience what the file says it was going to do, I wouldn't have gotten it, right?
:|
Tigarr

Postby ParanoidLord » February 20th, 2012, 8:44 pm

If you wake up during the awakener, then congratulations, you're going into trance. If you were falling asleep, you would wake up some time later. As for getting into that state, I find that if you stop trying to consciously listen to the file, it'll go into your unconscious mind, which is where it's supposed to go.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Tigarr » February 21st, 2012, 11:34 am

I'm either asleep the whole time (or almost the whole time) or alert the whole time - usually never inbetween - doesn't matter if I'm laying down while listening or sitting upright in a chair, result is the same.
Tigarr

Postby ranmafan » February 21st, 2012, 7:54 pm

ParanoidLord wrote:If you wake up during the awakener, then congratulations, you're going into trance. If you were falling asleep, you would wake up some time later. As for getting into that state, I find that if you stop trying to consciously listen to the file, it'll go into your unconscious mind, which is where it's supposed to go.

really? cause it feels alot like sleep and sometimes i "almost dream or daydream/imagine stuff happening" in the file which prlly isnt good..but i always wake up in the awakener..
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kanibal » February 22nd, 2012, 4:07 am

Actually if your conscious mind is drifting around and daydreaming that's probably a good sign.

One minute your daydreaming, then you think you fell asleep but you woke up at the waker at the end of the file... Sounds like it's getting you into a trance just fine.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby ranmafan » February 22nd, 2012, 7:04 am

Kanibal wrote:Actually if your conscious mind is drifting around and daydreaming that's probably a good sign.

One minute your daydreaming, then you think you fell asleep but you woke up at the waker at the end of the file... Sounds like it's getting you into a trance just fine.
really? :) thanks! ^^ that makes me feel much better!
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ranmafan » February 22nd, 2012, 10:28 am

I also notice my right arm sometimes spasms a lil too..
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ranmafan » March 24th, 2012, 11:01 am

i've been told i repress alot of things too..and normal visualization inductions dont work that well on me..what inductions would be best for me?
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby transformerdreamer » March 24th, 2012, 12:58 pm

I'm still figuring this out but my advice is you need practice. It took me 2 months to start noticing effects some people sooner .. some later.

Certain things will work better for you than others too. Try working on Cardigans files, these helped me go under and quite fast, and install trance triggers. However Cardigan may not work at all for you as much as it worked for me you just need to keep trying in the face of failure.

Like all things this takes a little practice and a few failures and dead ends.

BTW huge thanks to Cardigan, without your help, I can't go under.
transformerdreamer

Return to General Hypnosis