video games and hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

video games and hypnosis

Postby hypotoad » April 7th, 2012, 9:39 pm

hey i was just wondering, ive heard that you go into trance alot in your everyday life such as when your watching a movie and it becomes the complete center of your attention

so I was wondering could I theoretically listen to a file that trains a trigger while I play games? since it becomes the center of my consciouses attention leaving my subconsious to listen to the message?

I got this idea :idea: while listening to a file that was meant to be looped and would not put you under, by emg (i thing it was succeptability or something) and it said the consious mind could keep doing what it was doing and the subconscious mind would wake up and start listening

it must have worked because the only thing i remeber from the file is when it mentioned an itch (i had it on loop so evey 15 minutes i would focus back on the file when suddenly i started itching

so whats the communities thoughts on this hypothesis? :idea:
hypotoad
Regular
Regular

Postby izatga88 » April 8th, 2012, 4:00 pm

It IS possible, but you have to be playing something VERY mindless for it to work (and I mean like pointlessly & endlessly grinding in some kind of online game). You should be able to start your file while you play your game, trance, then wake up at the end of your file without really remembering either the grinding or the file's contents.

Depending on the type of file you are listening to, this can be a great introductory way to get yourself used to being in a trance if you are otherwise having a hard time doing so (or simply want to bypass the boring parts of something).

For DEEP trances, I'd argue that you can't get a pure enough trance while playing something simultaneously since you still ~are~ aware enough to move your character/person around the screen.
Sharpened myself up a bit for work & school, really trying to put the bimbo stuff on the back-burner for now.

5/10/2015, 2:35 AM ET
izatga88
Regular
Regular

Postby Midnight68652 » April 9th, 2012, 8:47 am

actually that file you discribed wasn't a hypnotism file it was a sublimital/brainwashing. Hypnotism needs your focus to be effective. As for your question. It depends on what you wanted to do with it.
Midnight68652
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » April 9th, 2012, 10:45 pm

You could do it but you'd not get the full experience of either. You'd do terribly at the game (even grinding in an MMO you'd probably keep dying) and you'd only really take in half the suggestions, and not very well.

It'd be better to listen to a loopable mantra or reinforcement file to reinforce suggestions from a file you've already listened to properly with your full attention.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis