After trance spelling and grammar problems

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

After trance spelling and grammar problems

Postby Storms » May 2nd, 2012, 12:17 pm

Has anyone noticed any problems writing after they've been in a deep trance? Normally, my spelling and grammar isn't all that bad, but if I've tranced earlier in the day, my emails/posts are crap. I can make as much sense as I normally do (no smart ass remarks, please) but not anywhere near as eloquently. I'll find a lot of words left out and obvious misspellings.

Any one else dealt with this? Think it's a side effect of all the ericksonian play on words? It always seems to go away after a good nights rest.
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » May 2nd, 2012, 11:55 pm

Any trance at all? Even basic inductions? Because I've only heard of trances about dumbness and jockiness doing that sort of thing. I have trouble writing and stuff when I'm in trance but never after I've fully woken up.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » May 3rd, 2012, 12:48 am

Yeah, my impression is that you aren't quite fully waking up from trance, if that's the case. As Jeshi states, that kind of thing certainly happens in trance, but not usually after fully awakening (unless it's a post-hypnotic suggestion).

I'd suggest fiddling around to see how you might wake yourself up from trance a bit more... or something, I dunno.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Storms » May 3rd, 2012, 9:49 am

Yeah, this seems to happen with any good trance. Whether it's just an induction, a hypnotic story, or something laced with my favorite flavor of perversion.

Normally when I go into trance, I go really deep cause I'm on ritalin. I never loose consciousness, just normally find myself seemingly floating in an infinite dark abyss and for a moment, nothing else in the world exist, just my opened conscious and the words projected in it, as if they were my own.

The side effects aren't debilitating, but they keep popping up, and only after a trance. Even hours later. At which point, I dont feel like I'm in a trance at all. The worlds full of the normal distractions and stresses.

It's not really a problem for me, but there's a consistency to it, so I'm thinking perhaps this is a regular thing, maybe it's just not as noticable for others...
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » May 3rd, 2012, 8:29 pm

Oh, then it's probably your Ritalin, and not the trance.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby CharredSoul » May 4th, 2012, 11:03 am

its both, mixing psychopharmacological drugs and trance is highly unadvised,
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Storms » May 9th, 2012, 7:41 am

Unadvised by who, and why exactly?

My guess that's the general advice out there because most meds/drugs cause problems getting in and staying in trance.

But that's not the case with Ritalin for me.

Nor do I think trance effects only my spelling and grammer this way. I've seen post in the forum here from people that seem to be going through the same thing. One post will be coherent, and the next, their missing obvious words, and their spelling is off.
Storms
Regular
Regular

Re: After trance spelling and grammar problems

Postby Tangy » May 9th, 2012, 2:02 pm

Storms wrote:Has anyone noticed any problems writing after they've been in a deep trance? Normally, my spelling and grammar isn't all that bad, but if I've tranced earlier in the day, my emails/posts are crap. I can make as much sense as I normally do (no smart ass remarks, please) but not anywhere near as eloquently. I'll find a lot of words left out and obvious misspellings.

Any one else dealt with this? Think it's a side effect of all the ericksonian play on words? It always seems to go away after a good nights rest.

That's probably what also happened to Adby.
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby KIY » May 9th, 2012, 6:31 pm

CharredSoul wrote:its both, mixing psychopharmacological drugs and trance is highly unadvised,

I think some of the synthetic pot out there may actually help trance-- although there are other good reasons to not use it. (Not the least of which is that the manufacturers rarely say what is in it.)
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CharredSoul » May 10th, 2012, 5:52 am

Storms wrote:Unadvised by who, and why exactly?

by majority of clinicians,

working hypnotically with people that do take psychopharmacological drugs can cause an imbalance, can cause a relapse or episode, which would be unbenificial to the subject. its the first thing they teach you in hypnotherapy, one teaching that i used to ignore and didn't take any notice of it, until learning the repercussions 1st hand. there is a reason why it is in the course in the 1st place.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis