Trance vs sleep

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Trance vs sleep

Postby archerthepresidentedge » July 28th, 2012, 11:21 am

Sometimes I've been using files recently and I've suddenly woken up at the end and the whole file has gone by without me even knowing. On a few occasions I've woken up without even being aware of the wakener and waking up to find the file has stopped.

So is this a very deep trance or am I falling asleep? Does it matter? I've seen people on this site who seem to have success with just playing files while they sleep. Has anyone else experienced anything similar, or found that they can just sleep through a playlist and get the full effects?
archerthepresidentedge

Re: Trance vs sleep

Postby joecomp2000 » July 28th, 2012, 3:29 pm

archerthepresidentedge wrote:Sometimes I've been using files recently and I've suddenly woken up at the end and the whole file has gone by without me even knowing. On a few occasions I've woken up without even being aware of the wakener and waking up to find the file has stopped.
?

are you waking at the end of the file on command or just waking some time after?
if it is at the end of the file on command it is probably a trance...and a good one.. amnesia is a sign of a level of the trance..
Look into ...RAMEY/SICHORT DEPTH SCALE
amnesia you have reached full Profound Somnambulism
congrats...

if you are sleeping it would just be some time after ...
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby archerthepresidentedge » July 28th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Sometimes I wake up at the beginning of the wakener, or at least I'm aware and can hear the wakener is happening, sometimes it's in the middle of the wakener and sometimes it's after the file has ended. In the latter case, I don't really have any way of knowing how long it's been between the file ending and me waking up.
archerthepresidentedge

Postby joecomp2000 » July 28th, 2012, 5:26 pm

well then it sounds like you are trancing...after all your sub conscious knows what you do ..and knows when the mp3 is about to end.. and starts bringing you out

however if it is substantially after... you fell asleep IMHO
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby archerthepresidentedge » July 28th, 2012, 5:44 pm

It's definitely not long after, I know that much. The reason I'm wondering if it's just sleep is because I always listen to files in bed, before I go to sleep. Although it did happen with two files in a row, and it didn't feel like sleeping so I guess it must have been trance. I thought that would take a lot more practice, I guess now I just need to work on it happening every time.
archerthepresidentedge

Postby joecomp2000 » July 28th, 2012, 8:19 pm

a trance is not sleep...
a trance will rest the body ,, but will not rest the mind.. if you do it to in a loop you will wake up tired ..
It sound like you are really susceptible to a trance .. it varies from person to person... I personally had to work at it ..
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby archerthepresidentedge » July 28th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Well I've been trying hypnosis for a few months now, I've been getting more success since I joined here.
archerthepresidentedge

Return to General Hypnosis