Releasing yourself

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Releasing yourself

Postby livelonger8 » September 1st, 2012, 10:52 pm

A problem I've always experienced with the visualization technique to acquire the suggested effects is the lack of cognitive tools available of my active conscious mind to apply such effects. E.g. for a hallucinatory experience, simply visualizing the effect won't work. It would entail the need for a tool other than the one used for visualizing. Perhaps the same tool used for differentiating the visualization as being a part of my mind/as a part of reality -- a switch.

The question perhaps, is ultimately of whether the function of mind can be influenced by the semantics of one's native language. Could the suggestion for one to unconsciously develop better memory actually cause an improvement of one's conscious memory? For this to work, it would indefinitely suggest that the unconscious responds to semantics of open questions lingering from the conscious mind.

So, there are cognitive features the conscious mind mediates control and influence over and cognitive features the unconscious mind too mediates control and influence over. To create a hypnotic orgasm, perhaps it's not best to ask for the conscious mind to create the orgasm. Perhaps it would be more prudent to query the subject's unconscious for the desired effect. But since the conscious mind is actively interpreting and deciding responses to those inputs, thus imposing its relative semantics, perhaps a means in the midst of the two is required - a bridge. Or perhaps for the unconscious to awaken and take the seat of its conscious mind. It certainly helps to "sleep" during a file but synchronized sleep is most effective if it manages to subdue the active conscious mind to awaken that which is most receptive to the suggestions.

Apologies if this doesn't make much sense, but if it doesn't try to substitute the terms "unconscious mind" and "conscious mind" as "unconscious" and "conscious" where they are merely two independent entities using the same resource, "mind". Thus, two sides of the same coin.

Supposing one finds a way to awaken the unconscious in the midst of a hypnotic session, will it be subservient to the requests of the hypnotists? Will it unquestionably create an orgasm? Or will it need to be convinced?
livelonger8
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Releasing yourself

Postby ProfessorPig » September 1st, 2012, 11:47 pm

livelonger8 wrote:
Supposing one finds a way to awaken the unconscious in the midst of a hypnotic session, will it be subservient to the requests of the hypnotists? Will it unquestionably create an orgasm? Or will it need to be convinced?

i have seen some files that flatly state suggestions but i think its more common and effective to make your suggestions into a convincing argument. the argument does not even have to make sense if you are thinking about it critically as long as it makes sense in the trance.

you mentioned you have trouble with visualization, do you have trouble envisioning all the senses? i find when i am struggling envisioning one of the senses if i imagine it in a different way i am able to experience it better.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis