Starting a Regimen

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Starting a Regimen

Postby quiphand » December 11th, 2012, 8:29 pm

So, I started here a little while back after realizing a fascination with hypnosis through erotic literature. I've been listening to assorted files from here and other sources just to experience it and see how trance works out for me.

Turns out, remarkably well.

I have a couple of questions:
Of small importance, but I find myself being distracted from the message by arousal at hypnosis. Not impossible to get around, but it takes a bit longer to enter a deep enough trance to absorb the material. Any advice?

More importantly, I often see references to adding files before or after another to help with the process. I was hoping that someone here would have a list that they use, or that they recommend their subs use. I'd appreciate one long file instead of going into trance, rinse, repeat. Or is there a benefit to going under and being pulled out again between sets? Can't hurt to ask!
quiphand

Re: Starting a Regimen

Postby IAcurious » December 11th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Congratulations on your first posting in the forum, quiphand.

You asked two questions. I'll leave it to others to answer the request for playlist advice. At this point, you've revealed nothing about the type of trance you crave.

quiphand wrote:
Of small importance, but I find myself being distracted from the message by arousal at hypnosis. Not impossible to get around, but it takes a bit longer to enter a deep enough trance to absorb the material. Any advice?
Answering this is one is easy! As a hypnotist, it's a topic that raises it's head frequently :roll:

Our subconscious minds communicate without words. That arousal? It's your subconscious telling you it wants more.

The advice I give clients is to smile, and in the quiet of your mind tell your subconscious 'thank you'.
IAcurious
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » December 12th, 2012, 12:25 am

^What he said. But then again, if you tell yourself you want something enough times, you'll wind up wanting it.

As a fellow new guy, here's what I've learned/used/done: A sound editing software will make everything a lot easier. Use Audacity, it's fairly simple to learn how to do basic splicing, which will come in handy in my next suggestion.

Use a induction file that installs a trigger that lets you skip inductions. I recommend Bubble. It has a nice long induction, which helps you go into trance. It installs a pretty powerful suggestion that you will return to trance when you hear a trigger phrase. Calimore has a version of Bubble with binaurals added.

Here's where the Audacity comes in: Any other files you want after you've been bubbled, just take them, remove their inductions, add the trigger segment (in this instance, just remove the awakener from "Calimores Bubble Trigger Test") to the start, put the body and awakener after that, add some binaurals if you want to (I recommend "Binaural Beat", which is basic frequency, no surf or anything that slowly lowers to a lower frequency). You can mess around with a formula for stuff to add to the body, the above is what I use and it seems to work well for me.

There are some files that are meant to be used right before the "real" file that make them more effective. There's a file that is supposed to make you not remember listening to the file ever before, so that each time you listen, it sounds new. There's also "Aural sedation" which is a bunch of buzzing noises that are supposedly some susceptibility files that have been subliminalized. You can run that all day in the background and it may make a difference.

If you want to write your own file, it's easy. Just open a word processor and start typing. You'll then need to read it to a recorder, or use a text-to-speech service. Yakitome works well and sounds fairly natural, but "she" is a fast talker. Edit in your induction or trance triggers, etc.

Lastly, I think most people listen to their file(s?) right before they go to bed, right after they wake up, or some combination. I find that if I listen to too many files (2+) right before bed, I have some funny sleep patterns.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby quiphand » December 15th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Oh my goodness, I wasn't expecting such a fast reply! What a lovely community, thank you.

Thank you very much for addressing the first question so well. It's helpful to know that it's not unusual, I think that knowledge will really help me relax into trance.

As for the Audacity suggestion, I will definitely try that. It was the perfect answer, as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully I'll even sort it out before the end of tonight!

I came up with one more question, um... Is there any problem with cutting out something to pull me out of trance? Could that cause problems? Ideally I'll end up with one strung-together file for daytime usage, when I actually have a spare hour, and another for right before bed. It's a little irritating to be pulled out of trance and mostly awake right before bed - have either of you (or anyone else) found a solution to that?
quiphand

Postby Endo » December 22nd, 2012, 12:00 am

On the files that I post, I put on a special awakener that suggests that you only wake up enough to take care of your player/headphones, etc., but also offers the option to wake up fully, as a traditional awakener.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis