Throat feels funny when I trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Throat feels funny when I trance

Postby ParanoidLord » May 6th, 2013, 5:57 pm

This is kind of a recent development. I feel like I've become better at trancing recently (going deeper and staying deep for longer), but when I listen to a file, my throat begins to feel very strange after a few minutes - sometimes, I feel like I need to breathe extra deep or sometimes even cough to stay comfortable. It doesn't happen at any other times - which is kind of surprising, since I trance laying down.

I know I have some respiratory issues which I take medication for, but they're rarely severe enough (maybe one asthma attack every few months, tops) to affect my quality of life, which makes this particularly hard to understand. I don't know if this is anything to worry about or not, especially since I don't get this type of symptom at any other times, even when I'm laying down. Any advice would be appreciated.
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » May 6th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Ehh, drink a glass of cold water or milk before hand, wash it down with a spoon of honey? That's good for a cough or a sore throat.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby KIY » May 7th, 2013, 7:12 am

I get sinus drainage often when I am attempting trancing. I think it is probably I am just more aware of it than other times. (I've got a bunch of minor allergies.) I have to cough to keep me from convincing myself I am going to choke on my phlegm. Uck.
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ParanoidLord » May 7th, 2013, 10:00 pm

What KIY says sounds pretty consistent with my perception of trance as a state of increased, focused awareness. Luckily, I keep a water bottle on hand, so keeping hydrated should help.
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis