Am I missing something?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Am I missing something?

Postby HiddenBaby » May 31st, 2013, 3:57 am

I've been at this for awhile and I love the idea of hypnosis. But I haven't had any success. I always think Im in trance. Maybe Im not getting deep enough. But I've been assuming repetition is key. Should I just listen to these files once a day or do i need to try something different?
HiddenBaby

Postby ProfessorPig » May 31st, 2013, 11:34 am

hypnosis varies greatly from person to person, some people see results from a file after one listen and others find it takes months of listening to the same file before they see results. some types of files are easier to see results with than others. files dealling with halucinations or altering heavily conditioned behavior often take many people awhile before they see results.

there are some simple things you can try and switch up that might be helpful. you can try switching hypnotists, what time of day you are listening to files, wether you are sitting or laying down when you listen. i think its also helpful not to worry about wether it is working or wether you are listening to the file right. many people believe that you have to actively listen to they hypnotist but i am of the opinion that if you listen enough some of those ideas will soak in wether you want them to or not and in the mean time you are just enjoying the wonderful feeling of relaxation that comes with a nice trance.

what were you hoping to achieve with hypnosis?
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby danny1988 » May 31st, 2013, 2:59 pm

somehopper wrote:hypnosis varies greatly from person to person, some people see results from a file after one listen and others find it takes months of listening to the same file before they see results. some types of files are easier to see results with than others. files dealling with halucinations or altering heavily conditioned behavior often take many people awhile before they see results.

there are some simple things you can try and switch up that might be helpful. you can try switching hypnotists, what time of day you are listening to files, wether you are sitting or laying down when you listen. i think its also helpful not to worry about wether it is working or wether you are listening to the file right. many people believe that you have to actively listen to they hypnotist but i am of the opinion that if you listen enough some of those ideas will soak in wether you want them to or not and in the mean time you are just enjoying the wonderful feeling of relaxation that comes with a nice trance.

what were you hoping to achieve with hypnosis?

I think this is the best succinct explanation of hypnosis ive seen :)
With me one particular file affected me heavily, other files take ages or did not work. Im a patient person. But yeh just try not to think if your in trance and just listen and relax, I do think you dont need to focus much on the tist as if you listen enough the suggestions go through. Just relax and let go and be patient :)
danny1988
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis