A Problem.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

A Problem.

Postby Neoteros » June 29th, 2013, 4:08 am

So. I've been trying various files lately, some seriously, some for the lulz, but I never got hypnotized, never got into any sort of trance. While listening to the files here, I can't concentrate and think about random stuff. How can I fix this problem?
Neoteros

Re: A Problem.

Postby HornyDude » June 29th, 2013, 3:51 pm

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Neoteros » June 30th, 2013, 1:30 am

No, no file has ever worked. I've only felt sleepy once in a while.
Neoteros

Postby Alien4420 » June 30th, 2013, 7:31 am

One trick is to repeat the hypnotist's words back to yourself silently as he says them. ("You will be happy and relaxed." "I will be happy and relaxed.") It keeps your mind focused on the text. (Once you learn to go into a deep trance, you'll find that no longer matters since your mind won't wander, it will just become quiescent and let the hypnotist's words pour into you.)

Another thing you could try to achieve a trance state is the old swinging watch trick -- move your eyes back and forth, left to right. There are audio tracks that do the same thing with sound effects or music. This seems to place us (my theory) into a prey-seeking mode in which our mind is highly focused on a possible new experience. It can take you rapidly, almost instantly into trance.

I'd also try various induction files, maybe also a file like EMG's Train Susceptible which increases your trancing skills (and which I've found invaluable in improving mine.) The important thing is to experiment and find what works for you, since different people respond to different kinds of induction. Also, judging by what people say here, it isn't uncommon for people to listen for a while without going into trance, and then, even months later, suddenly one day they find themselves in trance and following all the suggestions.

Finally, if all else fails or you want to speed the process, you can see a hypnotist.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby papotik » June 30th, 2013, 11:47 pm

The confusion induction of katt martinet ( catagory induction ) on hypno files ( the direct link doesn't work ).
It is really interesting, because she asks you to don't focus on her voice, but on the sounds around you. It's one i find very effective.

You can play a spiral on your computer screen and focus on it, how it spins , ect... That help to focus the conscious mind on something
papotik
Regular
Regular

Postby Neoteros » July 1st, 2013, 3:28 am

papotik wrote:The confusion induction of katt martinet ( catagory induction ) on hypno files ( the direct link doesn't work ).
It is really interesting, because she asks you to don't focus on her voice, but on the sounds around you. It's one i find very effective.

You can play a spiral on your computer screen and focus on it, how it spins , ect... That help to focus the conscious mind on something

Seems interesting... I'll give it a try. ^^
Neoteros

Postby Endo » July 1st, 2013, 9:30 am

You might be one of those rare freaks that can't be hypnotized.

Or, you might just need more practice, Occam's Razor. Have you tried Bubble? It's got a nice, slow induction. There's also isochronic tones and binaurals, even white/pink noise you could experiment with. Binaurals usually work form most people, but some people think isos and noise can be annoying.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby HornyDude » July 1st, 2013, 4:16 pm

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Neoteros » July 2nd, 2013, 1:19 am

HornyDude wrote:
Neoteros wrote:No, no file has ever worked. I've only felt sleepy once in a while.

Do you remember what you were listening to when you "felt sleepy once in a while." The name of the file, hypnotist, or general subject matter could be helpful. It would be a place to start and try to build on that small success.

Its way too soon to give up.

I don't remember the exact file because it happened with an handful of files, but nothing more than that.
Neoteros

Return to General Hypnosis