What does falling asleep during hypno do?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

What does falling asleep during hypno do?

Postby Indykins » December 2nd, 2013, 2:22 am

I've been listening to Accelerator plus Feminine Conditioning every night for the past week or so, and a couple times I've unintentionally fallen asleep while listening to them. I then would wake up sometime in the early morning to find it still playing on loop, after which I'll simply stop it and go back to sleep.

How does this affect me? Would it make the hypnosis more effective or less? Would keeping them looped as I sleep make me better able to absorb them?

Thank you!
óÔÔò
Indykins

Postby Endo » December 2nd, 2013, 9:18 am

This is an oft-discussed subject, but you should be aiming for one complete listen before anything happens. Try to start the file earlier than your typical bed-time, perhaps so it ends at your typical bedtime, then go to sleep after it.

I won't discuss all the theory associated with it, because I don't remember all of it. The worst thing you're possibly doing to yourself in this situation is slowing down your absorption because you're not getting the full file, and maybe getting some poor sleep.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Re: What does falling asleep during hypno do?

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » December 3rd, 2013, 12:45 pm

Indykins wrote:... I then would wake up sometime in the early morning to find it still playing on loop, after which I'll simply stop it and go back to sleep.

How does this affect me? Would it make the hypnosis more effective or less? Would keeping them looped as I sleep make me better able to absorb them?

There's a saying... "Leave 'em wanting more".

And if you've ever watched the ending of a movie and felt that response... wanting more... then you know how effective it is.

The recommendation I give my clients is to limit their mp3 listening...
- limit their daily listening to just ONE recording and just ONE time through.

I tell them:
    Let your sleep be sleep.

When someone chooses carefully which ONE mp3 they'll listen to, then they choose the one that's right for their state-of-mind.

When someone chooses to listen just ONCE, they develop a habit of wanting more as they switch off their mp3 player. An undesirable habit of 'tuning out' is avoided... avoiding auditory selective attention where looping causes a habit of "tuning out" to develop.

Now that you know the recommendation, I'm inviting you to once again remember what it felt like... at the end of that movie.... wanting more. It's effective because it's powerful.
The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to be broken.

Check out my latest journal entry: here.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis