ADHD and/or impatience and/or file boredom

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

ADHD and/or impatience and/or file boredom

Postby Squirrelous » July 23rd, 2013, 7:57 pm

Every single file I do, I stick with for a while then get sick of it. Longest I can last is a few days, shortest is before the file's even over, sometimes before I get past the induction. I end up wanting another file's effects.

Anyone else feel this? Any cures/tricks other than seeing a psychiatrist? Though I might be seeing one anyways soon.
Squirrelous
Regular
Regular

Postby Nate80 » July 24th, 2013, 12:51 am

I have trouble sticking to files, but I also know I'm heavily resistant and it's the cause of that resistance that is interrupting me listening to them regularly.

Even though there's quite a few thing's I'd like to try (and have successfully tried with others), I just can't stick to an audio long enough.

It could be you're in a similar situation. While you may like hypnosis, there may be something, possibly indirectly (eg a component, behaviour, attitude etc) , related that you don't like / have an issue with.

A pre-hypnotic suggestion along the lines of "I am going to listen to this file with a view to it helping me XXX" before you start listening to it may help. feel free to add "I accept [known blocking issue], and would like to set it aside this time, to allow me to listen to this audio"

or something similar to reassure yourself it's ok to listen to it
Nate80
Regular
Regular

Postby maskedanonymity » August 10th, 2013, 1:50 am

I tend to get bored while listening to the induction in files, since they often last ten, twenty minutes before the body begins. Plus I have a hard time not getting excited about the potential effect(s) of the file while still in the induction, which in turn gets me out of the relaxed state needed for trance. It's a conundrum I tell ya.

Because of all that I've sort of taken to a looping approach, where I pare down a given file to just the body or the body and awakener, and play it on a loop while trancing or even while doing other stuff, and I tend to have quicker effects.

The frustrating thing about trying to trance for these files is that all of us trance everyday, maybe many times a day, effortlessly, just because we're used to doing it in certain situations. Anything from being really into a movie or a good book, to daydreaming about something and staring into space is a kind of trance like state, from what I understand. And it can happen in just a few seconds. But when you actually try to do it, it's so much harder and you're more prone to distractions.
It has continually gotten easier for me though the more I've done it.

One thing that really helps the boredom issue for me is using a file with an induction that's interesting to listen to, while still being effective in relaxing you and making you concentrate. Some of Sarnoga's files for example, have inductions that use a lot of rhyming and wordplay that's enjoyable to listen to, and is not so boring as the standard inductions.
Another good one for me was Obey Women I think it was, over on esuccubus.com, which had an induction that took an analytical approach to trance which really helped me as someone who analyses everything I'm listening too a bit too much.

Just as is the case with with a lot of other things, I think it just depends on the person's personality and likes/dislikes what works for them. This is my take on it.

:)
maskedanonymity
Regular
Regular

Postby jands » September 8th, 2013, 4:00 pm

I would recommend finding shorter inductions to be honest.

Longer inductions work for some people but there is absolutely no reason inductions NEED to be that long. It's just a matter of training your body and mind that a certain action means that it's trance time.

I've seen EMG put slvazureogon(Pandora) under in about 3 seconds. It has nothing to do with anything besides just your body and brain being conditioned to trance at certain times.

This is what I do... find a short induction you like... something 5 minutes long or so. Keep listening... do this daily or even twice daily for a while. Make it part of your routine. Do the exact same thing before you listen to your file.

Eventually you'll find that it's become so ingrained in your routine that you're starting to go under while you're getting ready to listen and haven't even started the file yet.

At that point you can use an induction that is a minute or two long and go under no problem.
jands
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Hypnosis