FAQ: why cant i be tranced or receive the effects ?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

FAQ: why cant i be tranced or receive the effects ?

Postby HeadMistress Squirrel » November 2nd, 2013, 3:58 pm

On Receiving Hypnotic Effects in Text, Audio, and in Person

Below is my perception of hypnosis and the reasons why one may or may not receive the effects intended by their hypnotist. This is my personal opinion and observations with many various subjects I have dealt with through the process of hypnosis textually. It is not considered to be concrete fact, but up for conjecture.
Many have asked me why they don’t feel the effects, so this is for any beginner subject and/or hypnotist to consider.

Hypothesis :A person, in good relative health and state of mind, will be more prone to receive the effects and sensations of hypnosis if :

A) They are not overwhelmed with issues and stress. If your mind is preoccupied with other issues such as work and/or home/relationship issues, it will guarantee a muted reception of effects and or null them entirely

B) Be in relatively good health and not consumed by their illness. Sometimes, we tend to focus on our aches and pains as well as other more serious health matters, this can also inhibit the results from working. It can be difficult to shift the focus away from those same aches and pains to focus on what you want done hypnotically. It does take some practice

C) Place entire trust in their hypnotist. Many people have been hurt in life by others, and it makes it hard to trust anyone, sometimes people we have not or never will meet face to face. With the lack of tone inflection, body language or other visual or audio cues, Trusting in textual commands or prompts may be difficult for some. For some being audibly told is more effective. It can be effective, if, the subject allows it to be. It is easy to be skeptical, and disbelieve that something can be done, it is more difficult to believe a thing may be achieved through hypnosis.

D) Are able to perceive what the hypnotist is trying to convey, and the hypnotist paints a pretty enough picture to be seen (decriptors aka. Adjectives) . To often, I have seen Hypnotists just skim the surface of what they are trying to convey or rush things along. Word usage and structure is very important. For instance, if I told you to visualize a balloon when you closed your eyes, you may see yellow or red, or green. If I said “see a blue balloon”, you would then visualize it due to the instructive description.

E) The subconscious has to allow trusting the hypnotist.. Just like trusting your hypnotist consciously, your subconscious need to allow to the hypnotist to effectively and safely do his/her job. This can be a very difficult task at hand. If you have been hurt in the past by people and promises broken, you have to consciously give your hypnotist a chance to help you out and work with you . You may have to tell yourself that this hypnotist is trustworthy and concerned for your welfare as a whole.

F) The hypnotist you are working with , you feel to be inexperienced. Our opinion and expectations may cloud and lessen what we are to receive, should we feel that the hypnotist is not living up to the expectations and or the acclaims by other. What is right for one, may or may not be right for you. You have to be comfortable with the person who is to trance you . I strongly suggest that you get to know whom you are speaking to before trance. Sometimes people errantly place trust in someone without regards of their own safety. When you give your mind to another in regards to trance, you open up yourself for a whole ball of string that may be unraveled. It should not be assumed that all hypnotists are untrustworthy, only that one should be full aware and conscious of your decisions and/or your opinions of such. Each may prevent the desired effects .

I hope this has helped those with the FAQ’s that I have received in regards to not being able to trance and/or receive the desired effects of trance.

Best Regards,
Head Mistress Squirrel
HeadMistress Squirrel
Mentor
Mentor

Re: FAQ: why cant i be tranced or receive the effects ?

Postby Tangy » November 19th, 2013, 11:17 am

squirrel75 wrote:On Receiving Hypnotic Effects in Text, Audio, and in Person

Below is my perception of hypnosis and the reasons why one may or may not receive the effects intended by their hypnotist. This is my personal opinion and observations with many various subjects I have dealt with through the process of hypnosis textually. It is not considered to be concrete fact, but up for conjecture.
Many have asked me why they don’t feel the effects, so this is for any beginner subject and/or hypnotist to consider.

Hypothesis :A person, in good relative health and state of mind, will be more prone to receive the effects and sensations of hypnosis if :

A) They are not overwhelmed with issues and stress. If your mind is preoccupied with other issues such as work and/or home/relationship issues, it will guarantee a muted reception of effects and or null them entirely

B) Be in relatively good health and not consumed by their illness. Sometimes, we tend to focus on our aches and pains as well as other more serious health matters, this can also inhibit the results from working. It can be difficult to shift the focus away from those same aches and pains to focus on what you want done hypnotically. It does take some practice

C) Place entire trust in their hypnotist. Many people have been hurt in life by others, and it makes it hard to trust anyone, sometimes people we have not or never will meet face to face. With the lack of tone inflection, body language or other visual or audio cues, Trusting in textual commands or prompts may be difficult for some. For some being audibly told is more effective. It can be effective, if, the subject allows it to be. It is easy to be skeptical, and disbelieve that something can be done, it is more difficult to believe a thing may be achieved through hypnosis.

D) Are able to perceive what the hypnotist is trying to convey, and the hypnotist paints a pretty enough picture to be seen (decriptors aka. Adjectives) . To often, I have seen Hypnotists just skim the surface of what they are trying to convey or rush things along. Word usage and structure is very important. For instance, if I told you to visualize a balloon when you closed your eyes, you may see yellow or red, or green. If I said “see a blue balloon”, you would then visualize it due to the instructive description.

E) The subconscious has to allow trusting the hypnotist.. Just like trusting your hypnotist consciously, your subconscious need to allow to the hypnotist to effectively and safely do his/her job. This can be a very difficult task at hand. If you have been hurt in the past by people and promises broken, you have to consciously give your hypnotist a chance to help you out and work with you . You may have to tell yourself that this hypnotist is trustworthy and concerned for your welfare as a whole.

F) The hypnotist you are working with , you feel to be inexperienced. Our opinion and expectations may cloud and lessen what we are to receive, should we feel that the hypnotist is not living up to the expectations and or the acclaims by other. What is right for one, may or may not be right for you. You have to be comfortable with the person who is to trance you . I strongly suggest that you get to know whom you are speaking to before trance. Sometimes people errantly place trust in someone without regards of their own safety. When you give your mind to another in regards to trance, you open up yourself for a whole ball of string that may be unraveled. It should not be assumed that all hypnotists are untrustworthy, only that one should be full aware and conscious of your decisions and/or your opinions of such. Each may prevent the desired effects .

I hope this has helped those with the FAQ’s that I have received in regards to not being able to trance and/or receive the desired effects of trance.

Best Regards,
Head Mistress Squirrel

Hypnosis is more hype then actually trance. :o you most release all your earthly desires ad let your brain go blank and thn you can trance and Dream.
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » November 19th, 2013, 11:46 am

Tangy, please don't grace such a wondiferously insightful post with your usual babble.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Tangy » November 19th, 2013, 11:53 am

Endo wrote:Tangy, please don't grace such a wondiferously insightful post with your usual babble.

Bable bable bable goo goo gaaa gaa maa doo doo pee epp :oops:
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby radar » November 19th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Hi Headmistress Squirrel,

I thought your list was very insightful but would also like to add a further two points.

Many newbie subjects want it all and they want it now. They seek out files that are beyond their level of experience and wonder why they do not feel the effects of the files. I think most of the community here would agree that newbies should take slow steps, practice the trance, then start small and move up as ability improves.

The other point is that the subconscious mind is a filter. Suggestions that are given to any subject will be tested against the subjects fears, beliefs, habits and knowledge. (Because they are sub-conscious a subject may or may not be aware of these blocks) You may feel that a suggestion will have huge benefits to you but if it cannot pass the filter it will not take effect. A good (in-person) hypnotist should be able to understand any feedback and work to reduce or remove any blocks but audio and text files do not have this feedback.

Well those are my two bits.. Hope it helps your newbies.

Cheers

Joanne xx
radar
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis