personal limits

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

personal limits

Postby feardesire » January 3rd, 2006, 9:41 pm

i'm a newbie. i have listened to a number of the files. i find they sort of work. it seems i have to "cooperate" quite a bit for them to actually work, but i fear they might push me past my personal limits. so, in this sense, is anything really happening at all?

it seems to me that, if a file or trigger really worked, i would have no choice in the matter, but i would simply obey. but then i realize that there must be a part of you that actually wants what the file is offering.

can anyone enlighten me further about the line between how much you must really want, inside yourself vs. when the suggestions can carry you past a line that you would not ordinarily cross? (which seems to me to be the more exciting aspect of all this, although, it's also the scariest).

feardesire
feardesire

Postby aeroue » January 4th, 2006, 7:19 am

Some people say that if you are set against a particular suggestion it will simply not take effect and that it is impossible to hypnotise someone to do something they don't want to do.

Others say there are ways, but it is pretty complex hypnosis. Can't be bothered to explain it now.
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loony28 » January 4th, 2006, 12:45 pm

:twisted: These files can push you past your conscious limits. Subconscious limits are a different story. If you try pushing past your subconscious limits chances are that the files will have little if any success. I think that you can change these limits incrementally by pushing right up to the limit and maybe a little past it over time. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Re: personal limits

Postby cardigan » January 4th, 2006, 12:49 pm

You cannot be hypnotised to do anything against your own will. So if you have personal limits that are in opposition to the hypnosis you are trying to get to work, it will fail.

However one COULD work at expanding your limits first, so that this was not a problem. But you'd need personalized files for that.

Getting a trigger to work properly may require cooperation on your part to begin with. I.e. when the trigger is activated, then at first you do what the trigger wants you to do. After a while you don't have to cooperate. It will just be automatic. It's sort of like the conditioning of Pavlov's dogs, I think. (They are conditioned to drool when a bell is rung.)

You always have a choice. If you obey, you obey by choice, or because you THINK you have no choice but to obey! That is the catch-22! :-)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby aeroue » January 4th, 2006, 3:45 pm

To continue....

I think what I read once was.

That anyone can be made to do anything so long as you push the right kinda button, for lack of a better term.

For example the vast majority of people would never kill someone.
But with the right situation they would.
e.g. someone trying to kill them, self defence.

This was in relation to hypnosis not just general.
But I am not sure on the source so it is not fact.
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby feardesire » January 4th, 2006, 10:31 pm

loony28 wrote::twisted: These files can push you past your conscious limits. Subconscious limits are a different story. If you try pushing past your subconscious limits chances are that the files will have little if any success. I think that you can change these limits incrementally by pushing right up to the limit and maybe a little past it over time. :twisted:

Are you sure about that? Part of the reason for my question is that I sometimes find that I can't even get myself to go past -- (or allow the file to lure me past) -- my conscious limits! Obviously, I don't know WHAT my subconscious limits are (do I?). But it's the conscious limits that rise to the forefront and somehow become barriers to what's suggested on the files, or in other hypnotic experiences I've had.

feardesire
feardesire

Postby feardesire » January 4th, 2006, 10:39 pm

cardigan wrote:You cannot be hypnotised to do anything against your own will. So if you have personal limits that are in opposition to the hypnosis you are trying to get to work, it will fail.

However one COULD work at expanding your limits first, so that this was not a problem. But you'd need personalized files for that.

Getting a trigger to work properly may require cooperation on your part to begin with. I.e. when the trigger is activated, then at first you do what the trigger wants you to do. After a while you don't have to cooperate. It will just be automatic. It's sort of like the conditioning of Pavlov's dogs, I think. (They are conditioned to drool when a bell is rung.)

You always have a choice. If you obey, you obey by choice, or because you THINK you have no choice but to obey! That is the catch-22! :-)

If I obey by choice, where's the "fun" -- for lack of a better word -- in that? If I obey b/c I THINK I have no choice, I either am CHOOSING to THINK I have no choice... (back to where's the "fun" or arousal?)... or I finally have NO CHOICE to THINK OTHERWISE. I MUST think X, and will also, then, be compelled to DO X.

No?

I have read some hypno-erotica -- one in partic. -- where a girl sends her boyfriend to a hypnotherapist to cure his smoking, but he implants a suggestion in him, and from there on, he is reduced to absolute servitude -- no more legal identity, job, or finances -- and sold to an ugly woman for her use/abuse. That's dramatic hypnosis! Kind of an exciting story. But, in reality, I would never want that; but I guess I do seek being under hypnosis to the extent that I might feel the "potential power" of having that control exerted over me.

Does anyone else relate to this difficulty: you want it, but you don't want it, or don't seem to be able to submit to it?

-feardesire
feardesire

Postby cardigan » January 4th, 2006, 11:49 pm

feardesire wrote:If I obey by choice, where's the "fun" -- for lack of a better word -- in that? If I obey b/c I THINK I have no choice, I either am CHOOSING to THINK I have no choice... (back to where's the "fun" or arousal?)... or I finally have NO CHOICE to THINK OTHERWISE. I MUST think X, and will also, then, be compelled to DO X.

No?

Hypnosis can be a lot of fun. But it cannot make a slave out of anybody, and it cannot make a straight gay - and so forth.

But if the straight were in fact a little bit bi, this could be utilized to get him out of the closet. You can give somebody a push with hypnosis, but not in a direction they don't want to go.

If however the subject is under the impression that hypnosis is very powerful (which it is), and that the hypnotist could make him do things against his will or morals, and the subject still CHOOSES to want to be hypnotised by the hypnotist, THEN the hypnotist might be able to break his will - because the subject thinks he has no power to refuse and has willingly subjected himself. But I'd call that very unethical behavior of the hypnotist!

feardesire wrote:I have read some hypno-erotica -- one in partic. -- where a girl sends her boyfriend to a hypnotherapist to cure his smoking, but he implants a suggestion in him, and from there on, he is reduced to absolute servitude -- no more legal identity, job, or finances -- and sold to an ugly woman for her use/abuse. That's dramatic hypnosis! Kind of an exciting story. But, in reality, I would never want that; but I guess I do seek being under hypnosis to the extent that I might feel the "potential power" of having that control exerted over me.

Does anyone else relate to this difficulty: you want it, but you don't want it, or don't seem to be able to submit to it?

-feardesire

There's a lot of good erotic fiction out there, but usually it's no more than that - fiction. If that were to work in real life, the subject would have to have a hidden sadomasochistic side to him - a side he wasn't aware of - i.m.h.o.

But all hypnosis deals with exchange of power. It's really a question of how much power the subject believes was exchanged. If he believes he is now the hypnotist's mindless slave, then that is what could happen. But it'd take lots of sessions, I think :-)
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby feardesire » January 5th, 2006, 2:37 am

cardigan wrote:Hypnosis can be a lot of fun. But it cannot make a slave out of anybody, and it cannot make a straight gay - and so forth.

But if the straight were in fact a little bit bi, this could be utilized to get him out of the closet. You can give somebody a push with hypnosis, but not in a direction they don't want to go.

If however the subject is under the impression that hypnosis is very powerful (which it is), and that the hypnotist could make him do things against his will or morals, and the subject still CHOOSES to want to be hypnotised by the hypnotist, THEN the hypnotist might be able to break his will - because the subject thinks he has no power to refuse and has willingly subjected himself. But I'd call that very unethical behavior of the hypnotist!

But all hypnosis deals with exchange of power. It's really a question of how much power the subject believes was exchanged. If he believes he is now the hypnotist's mindless slave, then that is what could happen. But it'd take lots of sessions, I think :-)

So, by that rationale, if someone believes he can be hypnotized, then he can. But if he reads these posts and believes them -- that the hypnosis is only as good as his belief in it -- then, he will stop being able to be hypnotized. {why do I think so much about these things?.... maybe I was hypnotized to think about them!}

feardesire
feardesire

Postby feardesire » January 5th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Just looking at HypnoGirls.com. It said, "She didn't believe in Hypnosis, but that doesn't matter, she went under hard!" So here we go again! If she didn't believe in it, how is it that it worked on her!? IF ONLY!!!

-feardesire
feardesire

Postby Jack » January 5th, 2006, 6:00 pm

If you want a decent answer you can PM me. Otherwise you'll have to settle for this: if you put people in a situation where you are in control of the frame it can and will make them highly suggestible.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » January 6th, 2006, 1:13 am

Well, you know, she didn't believe in hypnosis, but she did believe in a paycheck. It's amazing what one of those can do for someone.

feardesire wrote:Just looking at HypnoGirls.com. It said, "She didn't believe in Hypnosis, but that doesn't matter, she went under hard!" So here we go again! If she didn't believe in it, how is it that it worked on her!? IF ONLY!!!

-feardesire
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby feardesire » January 7th, 2006, 3:36 am

EMG wrote:Well, you know, she didn't believe in hypnosis, but she did believe in a paycheck. It's amazing what one of those can do for someone.

That always works for me! The wisdom of this answer proves the case why YOU'RE the Guru... and I'm not!! 8O

- feardesire
feardesire

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » January 10th, 2006, 4:40 pm

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Postby seiferoth » February 6th, 2006, 11:27 pm

feardesire wrote:Just looking at HypnoGirls.com. It said, "She didn't believe in Hypnosis, but that doesn't matter, she went under hard!" So here we go again! If she didn't believe in it, how is it that it worked on her!? IF ONLY!!!

-feardesire

Blatantly fake sessions on that website.

The only one of those "real hypnotized women" sites that seem to involve some level of authentic hypnosis are those off of HypnosisFetish.com. The girls aren't exactly very... umm... attractive on that site though.
seiferoth

Postby cardigan » February 6th, 2006, 11:49 pm

Try hypnovideo.com. The sessions are real. The hypnotist is real. I don't believe anything there is a fake. - Not much, anyway :-)
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby hailtheprinceofdarkness » February 14th, 2006, 1:45 pm

I won't bother to quote, since there are so many people argueing about the topic of unwilling hypnosis.

Honestly, it is very possible to make someone do anything you want to under hypnosis. There are complexities however.

The most closely guarded secret is that if someone thinks that they have their own free will, then they do. If you have someone believe that they are completely helpless under your control, then they will be.

A very good example of this is n2o, or alughing gas. n2o won't effect you if you steel yourself against it, saying that it won't effect you. This was in a study of one of my friends. He is working for a research labratory. He told one group of people that a canister of n2o was just plain air, and opened it. The group just stood there and wondered why he did that. The group that was told it was n2o was laughing insanely. It works the other way around too.

The reason that this isn't told to everyone is that it would be easy for hypnotherapists to commit malpractice. No one wants to have hypnotherapists rule the world.
hailtheprinceofdarkness
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » February 14th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Including hypnotists.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis