Buddhism And Possible Solutions To Split Personality Mutiny

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Buddhism And Possible Solutions To Split Personality Mutiny

Postby Chibi » July 29th, 2014, 6:28 pm

I know that this could potentially belong in the religion forum, but before anyone jumps on me, hear me out.

I had been reading a thread about how certain file/s seem to have created split personalities in people that can get out of control, and the person changed their mind eventually and it caused me to think of a potential solution to the issue related to Buddhism. So I have posted it here because most people who are lost probably wont look at the religion forum, they'd probably sooner check here. So I think my reasons are somewhat justified if it could help people who are losing control.

I'm not saying you should convert to Buddhism, but practicing some of its ideas has helped me control my mind better (and you'll see why in this post) so I thought it could help the person who is losing control.

So let me explain:

Buddhism teaches that the "self" including any thought processes that are forced upon the mind can be predicted and circumvented, and do not ultimately exist as anything besides temporary illusions.

I would recommend to anyone who is concerned, that they gather all their remaining powers and look deep into their own mind and find out where in their own mind the alter has a grip. Or gather all remaining strength and study the concept of "anatta" (non self). And other buddhistic concepts might help to.

Believe it or not, Buddhism is practically a guide to self applied and practiceable psychology, and with its beliefs that the self is an illusion may just hold the answer.

Anything is possible if you no longer have a self to limit.
Chibi

Postby diode168 » July 29th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Buddhism often described as the atheist religion.
diode168
Guru
Guru

Postby Chibi » July 30th, 2014, 6:33 am

It is often described that way, but it isn't really an atheist religion. The Tipitaka says there are many God like beings.
Chibi

Postby Endo » July 30th, 2014, 9:01 am

Would you like to cite which files exactly can cause split personalities?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Chibi » July 30th, 2014, 1:31 pm

One of the examples that I've read about on this site is the Female Takeover file, which was actually made for that purpose, to create another personality.

But then I heard the story of someone who eventually realised they didn't want it, but at that point buying a curse removal was useless because the alter would eventually delete it.

I don't remember specifically the thread, but in the success stories forum this file is mentioned and a bunch of people mentioned the potential downsides by linking to the thread.
Chibi

Postby Endo » July 30th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Facepalm. Like, through my skull facepalm.

That's what happens when you go in half-assed. If you're going to do hypno, you have to be extremely sure you're willing to live with the results. No amount of "There is no self, hummmmmmmmmm" is going to change that.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Chibi » August 10th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Although I agree that people who go that far down the rabbit hole are probably too far gone for it to work anyway, I do think meditation on no-self could help if one can muster up the effort and focus. It's much much more than just "There is no self, humm", it's using hypnosis/meditation to raise "self" awareness and thus break all experiences down into smaller controllable chunks.

Just like hypnosis can be used to create alters, it can be used to create other (more controllable and agreeable) alters than can work together to basically overcome the mutineer so to speak.

For example, say the hypnotist says that "you" have an alternate personality. To break this down, you can create an alter that the rule does not apply to, because it is no longer "you".
Or you could make it even more complex and make an alter that represents a specific belief of yours, and because the original hypnosis said nothing about your beliefs, that semi-alter could bypass the curse and overcome the mutineer.

Or you can use that rule against the mutineer-alter that listens to the file to try and control you, by consequentially giving it infinite other alters within it, because the alter is the one actually listening to the file and therefore the curse should apply to the alter and not yourself.

Such things can be reached by breaking down "self".
Chibi

Return to General Hypnosis