Virtual Hypnotist Program

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Virtual Hypnotist Program

Postby Ardea » September 30th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Soo yes if their was a thread on this, I couldn't find it.

Its a nice program to add spirals, subliminals and things like that plus MP3s. I believe its a bit older program but it works well on Windows.

The preset stuff is crap, so some effort is required.

Customize-able to add scripts, sound-files, spirals and such.

Check it out. I think I may start using it. Although I dont think its on Android, so you cant cuddle up to your tablet and try it.

Have any of you used this program? What do you think of it?

Download it here....[url]http://vhypno.sourceforge.net/[/url]
Ardea
Regular
Regular

Postby Milesx3 » September 30th, 2014, 5:19 pm

I've tried it, a little...not as a subject, mind you, but as a tist looking at a potential tool to give to subjects...and I don't quite understand it. There are some scripts on there that look decent, sure, but the entire thing seems to be written in some sort of pseudo-code (or a computer language I don't recognize) so I can't really adapt it for my own uses. If there was a good tutorial somewhere (and I'm too lazy to look for myself, as I can do sessions just fine without it), I think it'd be a useful tool for subjects that don't want an actual tist, or tists who want to work with subjects without actually presiding over all the sessions. But without knowing how to use it...it's only a step or two up from conversation piece in my opinion.
Milesx3

Postby dark_wolf49 » October 1st, 2014, 6:34 am

Tried going to the site, then to downloads , then tried to download it, clicked on link and it took me to a blank page. How do I download it????
dark_wolf49
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sfhole2stretch » October 1st, 2014, 9:50 am

I had the program years back before I switched to MAC. They don't have a MAC version of this program.

I found it cumbersome and difficult and I never did figure out how to make the spirals appear with the text. I did accomplish writing some scripts and having them flash as subliminal's on my screen which had some effect.

These days I'm using Brain Bullet. It's a similar program. It doesn't allow for the spirals but it is easy to use and allows one to create scripts/suggestions to flash on your screen at varying speeds and intensities. I'm finding it can help to ingrain certain suggestions or reinforce certain file suggestions to have these flashing on your screen in a subliminal way. As with all things this takes some time.

I would LOVE to find a good program that was easy to use which incorporated the ability to put the suggestions in front of a spiral or other visual stimuli. Sadly I've not found anything useful especially for MAC. Any computer nerds in our community reading this who feel motivated to create something of this nature?
sfhole2stretch
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Ardea » October 1st, 2014, 3:02 pm

dark_wolf49 wrote:Tried going to the site, then to downloads , then tried to download it, clicked on link and it took me to a blank page. How do I download it????

If it wont let you, just google the program. I think its on CNET?
Ardea
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudstalker » December 29th, 2014, 9:10 am

I've used it extensively. It is a very effective program, but it was written using technology that Microsoft has since dropped support for. It won't really work in versions of Windows greater than XP. Which means that, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you will need to load a previous version of Windows onto a virtual machine (like Virtualbox or Vmware, or, if you have Windows 7 Pro, the XP window).

It is written in Visual Basic version 6, and the author has passed away. Because it uses deprecated technology, it would likely require a 100% rewrite.

The scripting language is mostly standard for Microsoft's text to speech system, plus a few additions to allow for primitive if/then type choices (so, for example, the script can ask you if a test passed, and if you say yes, it moves on, but if you say no, it repeats the loop). You can also load mp3's.

Properly done, it can be really effective, but, as it's a dead technology, I really wish someone else would write a new version. The character animation was really nice.

RA
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby dark_wolf49 » December 30th, 2014, 6:53 am

Ardea, thank you. am doing it now. Sfhole2stretch,I first asked for a link,but I found it by googleing it . I am not paying for it
dark_wolf49
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ProfessorPig » December 30th, 2014, 7:56 am

cloudstalker wrote:I've used it extensively. It is a very effective program, but it was written using technology that Microsoft has since dropped support for. It won't really work in versions of Windows greater than XP. Which means that, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you will need to load a previous version of Windows onto a virtual machine (like Virtualbox or Vmware, or, if you have Windows 7 Pro, the XP window).

It is written in Visual Basic version 6, and the author has passed away. Because it uses deprecated technology, it would likely require a 100% rewrite.

The scripting language is mostly standard for Microsoft's text to speech system, plus a few additions to allow for primitive if/then type choices (so, for example, the script can ask you if a test passed, and if you say yes, it moves on, but if you say no, it repeats the loop). You can also load mp3's.

Properly done, it can be really effective, but, as it's a dead technology, I really wish someone else would write a new version. The character animation was really nice.

RA

thank you for explaining why i could never get it to work!

for mac i like this free subliminal text flasher
http://richard.warburton.it/fst/
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » December 30th, 2014, 10:55 am

I actually picked up the program ProfessorPig suggested a while back, and I am pleased with its basic performance. Highly recommended.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Jon999 » January 2nd, 2015, 8:58 am

I couldn't get it to work under Windows 7 :( I could fiddle with the options but when I tried to run a session it gave me an error message. Apparently it requires an older version of Flash Player which I downloaded but still couldn't get it to work.

I did try Brain Bullet too but it's not what I'm looking for.
Jon999

Postby zapnosis » January 2nd, 2015, 9:32 am

Tried it many years ago, found it interesting but not very useful. I expect that it has been improved since...

Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis