Hypnosis to Remove Something vs to Add Something?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis to Remove Something vs to Add Something?

Postby DanWright » December 23rd, 2014, 9:55 pm

Hi,

I've seen mentions before of differences between using hypnosis to remove something(a fetish, bad habit etc.), and of using hypnosis to introduce something new(a fetish, beneficial habit etc.), though I'm not at all clear on the differences, and how to go about figuring them out.

For example, I read once on a post here an opinion that trying to remove a particular thing from someone's mind through 'negative' language such as 'you no longer enjoy smoking. You dislike cigarettes'(or whatever else), is ineffective, as it can actually reinforce the thing you're trying to rid yourself of, rather than weaken it, due to how the subconscious interprets certain language.

Your mileage will likely very on rates of success with whatever method, but I'm trying to get a gauge on how it works in general.

To those of you who have a clue how all this works(unlike me), what is the best way to approach 'removal hypnosis' vs other types of goal-oriented hypnosis?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!
"See, this is what I'm talking about. Illiteracy? What does that word even mean?"
~ Charlie Kelly: Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

PM me!
DanWright
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » December 23rd, 2014, 10:43 pm

Hmm.

The way I did it a while back was to 1. instill the idea that A and B were mutually exclusive, and 2. increase the positive reinforcement of either A or B. This way, you won't have any "negative" language or reverse inferences, but you'd need to have counter-idea to push forward.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Keep it Simple, Stupid

Postby Calimore » December 23rd, 2014, 11:53 pm

A suggestion that one will "dislike" something is completely different from telling someone that they "won't like it".

Try listening to my nearly completely vanilla induction MP3 entitled "You are NOT Being Hypnotized".

I believe I may have offered to teach you more about some of these principles a couple of years back. Or was that somebody called danni? My how the mind does play tricks as we get older.

No matter - feel free to PM me if you'd like to go further on about it.

Cheers!
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby VeryGnawty » January 10th, 2015, 8:09 am

Positives and negatives aren't really relevant. It's how the mind interprets things that matter. In fact, sometimes negatives are the most effective way to describe something.

For example, let's say that my Mistress hypnotized me with the suggestion: "You want to obey me." Such a suggestion should be intended to make me desire to obey her.

Now let's say that instead she had hypnotized me with the suggestion: "You don't want to disobey me." This is actually an entirely different suggestion. Unlike in mathematics, two negatives do not make a positive when it comes to language. This suggestion would make it to where I wouldn't want to disobey my Mistress. It says nothing about how I would feel about obeying her. Maybe I wouldn't want to obey her. But, I would certainly not want to disobey her. My feelings about obeying my Mistress are not addressed by this suggestion.

As you can see, both of these suggestions are completely different. Both suggestions would probably increase my likelihood of obeying my Mistress, but they would do so in different ways. But like I said, it depends on how the mind interprets the suggestion rather than what is actually said.
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis