Randomized Listening as a Preventive Ward against Burnout

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Randomized Listening as a Preventive Ward against Burnout

Postby Endo » January 11th, 2015, 8:50 pm

The biggest problem I seem to have with file hypnosis is the necessity for repeated listening to the same material on a daily or nearly daily basis for long periods of time. The longest I've listened to a single file has been for about a week daily. It was quite monotonous. A lot of body builders notice that if they perform the same workout over and over, they plateau. There may be an analogue for hypnosis, performing the same tasks regularly has been shown to be extremely taxing for the psyche.

So, if you have the same problems with monotony that I do, try this:

1. Make a long list of all the files you want to try out, whether you're serious about them or they're just a passing fancy.
2. Re-name them so that a number is in the title, and each file is a different number.
3. Use a random-number generation program or site before you take your daily listen, and listen to the file that corresponds with the provided number.

Depending on how many files are on your list, you can either trim the list down, or you can come up with a scheme to "weight" critical files so that they come up more often. You'll want to get your most important files in at least several times each week, but not so often that you get burnt out.

For this to work well, you'll want to trim your files so that they're only bodies, and find your favorite induction and awakeners, and use those as bookends on your playlist. If you have a particularly large list (or insist on listening to some files daily) then you'll probably have several bodies in each day's list.

Let me know what you think of this, and what seems to work best for you. What I've suggested here was just a random idea that popped into my head, you'll need to play around with it a bit to get it to work for you.
Endo
Guru
Guru

No need here.

Postby Calimore » January 12th, 2015, 4:02 am

There are a few files I've been listening to for years now. As I trance almost daily, there are a few hypnotists who put me under as soon as they start an induction. EMG is one such, but most of them are women.

If I begin to feel "burnt out" from listening to mp3s, I generally take a break. I'll put Aural Submission on my computer's Windows Media Player and let the silent subliminal create a need for me to be hypnotized. After 3-7 days, I'm ready to start again and I generally respond to the mp3s I choose quite well. They usually hit me like a ton of bricks.

As for creating a random file generator, I doubt my subconscious would put up with that. It's rather picky at times, although I can now get effects from trusted hypnotist's files from just one listen. And my subconscious always seems to know what it wants to hear. As I lay down to listen to a file, I sometimes find myself picking a different file from what I had just chose and listening to it, instead.

Lately, I've been on a brainwashing kick. When it comes to being made mindless, I find Mistress Joanne to be the expert, although I've recently discovered that Shelle Rivers is very adept at brainwashing, as well. Master ViVe has added several files to his site to reinforce the idea of being a Mindless Drone and his masturbation loops are really very good, especially if you are looking to stroke your mind away.

In any case, I doubt I'll ever use a random file selection system, but I rarely find the trance training process boring. Sometimes repetition can be comforting. Again though, I'm to the point that I almost always go so deep I'm unable to recall anything from most sessions, anyway. Not that this was always the case. When I first started listening to mp3s, I was quite resistant. Just goes to show, like most things in life, practice makes perfect.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » January 12th, 2015, 2:47 pm

I usuay handle my file burnout by ltering or re-writing the files on a regular basis. Since I write most of my stuff myself I don't burn out as fast as some do. It took well over 3months for Manhood Blessing to burn out and I coped by switching to an overnight trance with way more suggestions in it. I have been doing that one for a month and it still hasn't burned out but it's 80 minutes long and my subconscious may well not have learned it completely yet.

Sometimes, a file will burn out and then come back strong after a break. Curse: Penis Growth burned out a long tie ago, then effectiveness came back for a while after the nightly file started then interest waned agan but came bac after I made the spiral. I am now obsessed with listening to the file while watching the Must Grow Cock spiral. (I am now within .25 in of a legit 8" cock, and *really* want to attain my least ambitious growth goal.)
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » January 23rd, 2015, 3:31 pm

I used to have that problem when starting out a year ago, changing files every once and a while. But now, all that I care about is whether or not if it is taking too much time or that Im actually doing the suggestions. For me, being able to trance and hallucinate is important so Ive stuck with a self created deepner file for about a year now. I also listen to some of my files to get with women. I have to have multiple tracks or I feel like something is missing entirely. Id say it was slow but every improvement made me want to listen to it even more. For some reason, the single track doesn't seem to make me go under.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis