Does sleeping with hypnosis files playing help?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Does sleeping with hypnosis files playing help?

Postby Duravantesdelia » February 28th, 2015, 1:13 am

It's in the title, is sleeping with hypnosis files on just as or more effective than normal methods.
"I would rather betray the world, than the world to betray me."
Duravantesdelia

Postby Endo » February 28th, 2015, 9:00 am

There are people who say that it is uneffective and will fuck up your sleep. There are people who say that it's the bee's knees and you should totally do it.

I'm in the former camp, with the caveat that you should experiment and figure out what works for you. Don't be in a rush to get stuff to work, but take your time to figure your own hardware out.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » February 28th, 2015, 2:19 pm

+1 to what endo said.

i personally have had bad experiences with looping overnight when it has happened accidentally. i will sometimes trance around bedtime and have the file on repeat, and then i end up falling asleep while listening. when that happens i often find myself feeling uncomfortable about the suggestions or outright rejecting them the next day. when i listen to a file too much, it seems like a chore rather than a pleasure i am indulging in, so i build up a subconscious resentment to the suggestions in the file. i think there is something to be said about hypnosis files that leave you wanting more.

That said i think its normal for people to respond differently to hypnosis, just like there are different styles of learning that work better for some and not for others. so for some it likely would help to have a file loop while they sleep. you need to find what works for you.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby joecomp2000 » February 28th, 2015, 7:27 pm

I second that experience... trancing is not sleeping .. and you wake exhausted
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » March 1st, 2015, 10:06 pm

I have been night trancing for three months. My mind reaches a saturation point after a while and I just pull off my headphones and go back to sleep. Usually happens around 2-3 am or so. I get a full waking trance to my overnight file about once a week or so but most nights I pass out just after the induction and let the 80 minutes loop. I sleep better with the tape than without it.

The suggestions do take for me that way, though they are much stronger the day after the single conscious trance. I have been feeling the emotional fearlessness that I added back when I went back to my program despite the fact that it is at the very end of the file and I practically always pass out before then
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Re: Does sleeping with hypnosis files playing help?

Postby whome » March 6th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Duravantesdelia wrote:It's in the title, is sleeping with hypnosis files on just as or more effective than normal methods.

I don't get anything out of files that are playing when I'm actually asleep; but on the other hand, I sleep so intermittently and with very short intervals with or without hypno, that I find the amount of time I spend tranced or being induced is less than the normal amount of time I waste each night trying to get to sleep. I end up feeling more rested, oddly enough.

The question I don't know the answer to though, is trying to tell whether I've missed the suggestion portion as a result of real sleep; or whether it was received, but marked "do not remember" by my subconscious. The file I'm playing with now is having an effect, but I've listened to it both during regular daytime, and before/during sleep time... So I can't tell!
whome
Regular
Regular

Postby JockRelaxer » March 25th, 2015, 12:11 am

Hypnosis is not sleep. Hypnosis is a very active brain state, and your brain needs to rest and reintegrate new and learned material into a more automatic and cohesive set of unconscious instructions, including what your learned through hypnosis. There is a difference between the hypno-afterglow you experience after listening to a file--and feeling the immediate effects of a post hypnotic suggestion--and actually internalizing them.
I won't deny that they can be effective or at least delude yourself into believing you are getting what you wanted, but at a cost, because you never really leave that glowy and even delirious post-hypnotic state, and very, very sleep deprived. Trust me, your eyes will reveal all truth.

But listening before bed is fantastic! I find that i usually have dreams related to the content of the file and often the topic of the file is the first thing on my mind when i wake up!
JockRelaxer

and one more thing

Postby JockRelaxer » March 25th, 2015, 12:16 am

I should also mention that i disagree with a listening to anything looped all night long.
However, i have experimented with some other techniques that involve interrupting sleep ever so mildly at about the time you would be starting a new sleep cycle, with very simple suggestions and affirmations for a minute or two.

Has anyone tried this approach?
JockRelaxer

Postby joecomp2000 » March 25th, 2015, 7:44 pm

I have experimented with a headphones a binaural and simple trance
and then allowed the binaural to go lower and lower until I drop off...
wake up with a dead cell phone and the cord around my neck
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis