Could use some help - Memory loss induction

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Could use some help - Memory loss induction

Postby Eduardo » March 29th, 2015, 9:23 pm

Hi, ive been asking around extensively if its possible to erase or block out memories with hypnosis. The answers have been pretty much a resounding no. I had an experience which afflicts me daily, I need to forget it. What do you guys think?
Eduardo

Postby Endo » March 30th, 2015, 7:36 am

Just curious, what were your previous sources?

On one hand it's sort of like "Hey, you see that HUGE PINK ELEPHANT OVER THERE? Yeah, that one. Okay, now, don't look at it."

But on the other hand, anytime I hear someone say "X is impossible", I get a bit fired up to try.

In terms of counselling, (Something 90% of people on this site are not qualified to do, MYSELF INCLUDED, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt), it's generally better to deal with that thing head on. Repressing it is only going to leave some important self-knowledge out of your life and leave you vulnerable if/when that memory pops up randomly, PTSD-style.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Abpfl » March 30th, 2015, 1:08 pm

As said by Endo, completely blocking out stuff might not be exactly what you are looking for (although it probably is rather possible);

In clinical hypnotherapy however, dealing with traumatic incidents is a rather large field. However you might not find the help you need on an amature site for erotic hypnosis...
Abpfl

Postby ProfessorPig » March 30th, 2015, 6:50 pm

whoever told you no is completely incorrect. you can definitely block out memories and or replace them with false memories. I did it on myself long before i discovered hypnosis. i would enter into a trance state through meditation and repeat a lie over and over until it became the truth. it takes a long time to really scrub a memory.

the important asterisk to include here is that if it is a painful memory, you will still feel the pain from that memory, you will just not know why you feel that way. so if you are looking to use this as a way to cope with something painful you are better off addressing the issue head on.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » March 30th, 2015, 8:57 pm

The other thing i should add is that i think doing this has negatively effected my ability to form long term memories. this is really subjective because i have nothing to compare it to, but there seems to be something weird about how i store memories that i believe is related to what i did.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis