Hypnosis for finding the origins of fetishes?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis for finding the origins of fetishes?

Postby DanWright » May 23rd, 2015, 12:25 am

Hi,

This might be a bit of an elusive topic, since most of us seem to be largely ignorant of why we all like the things we like, but bare with me, as I'm referring to something specific here, and I'm hoping some others relate.

So basically I have a sizable list of sexual interests that I've had seemingly as long as I've had sexual interests at all, and seem to be as entrenched as my heterosexuality. These would likely be quite difficult to uncover the origins of, for the same reasons trained psychologists struggle with the task: not enough information on the factors that go into the creation of a fetish.

On the other hand, I have some interests that I flat out didn't have in the beginning, and only started to get years down the road, with some only showing themselves over the last year or two, and for these and these alone, I'm wondering if maybe I could get some insight into how these things started if I were in the right mental state, though I'm not sure.

To get at what I'm seeking, let me put it another way: you ever look at an image, or entertain a fantasy in your head or whatever, and it turns you on, and you just sit there and wonder why? I mean, you get this physiological reaction to a thing without even thinking about it, and no you're turned on, but don't have the damnedest idea why. You just know 'thing x is sexy'.

So here's my question: has anyone had success using hypnosis to actually figure out why you like certain things, in other words, to get at the root of your physiological 'turn on' to a certain thing? and if so, what would it take to get you to pass on that info to your truly? :D

Cheers, and thanks!
"See, this is what I'm talking about. Illiteracy? What does that word even mean?"
~ Charlie Kelly: Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

PM me!
DanWright
Regular
Regular

Postby fearghus » May 23rd, 2015, 4:48 am

Could be a very interesting exercise in delving into Jungian archetypes ... or perhaps utilizing gender roles as they appear in heroic myth (a la Joseph Campbell) ... I gather this could take a person farther than the subconscious and into the deeper world of the collective unconscious
fearghus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sleepyjosh » May 23rd, 2015, 9:14 am

fearghus wrote:Could be a very interesting exercise in delving into Jungian archetypes ... or perhaps utilizing gender roles as they appear in heroic myth (a la Joseph Campbell) ... I gather this could take a person farther than the subconscious and into the deeper world of the collective unconscious

But these aren't collective fantasies or archetypes; likely the kind of fetish items he's talking about are very specific to him, not part of a shared human or even cultural experience, as the work you cited addresses.

However, I completely agree that it would be a fascinating exercise, if it could yield any meanigful insights.
Hypnosis != Magic
sleepyjosh
Mentor
Mentor

Postby fearghus » May 23rd, 2015, 2:27 pm

Sleepyjosh, of course you are correct, but they COULD be ... hard to tell since he doesn't indulge us with specific examples ...

I wonder ... for instance ... how a 'sissy' fetish might relate to an internal gender role struggle of conquering the ogre/father archetype to posses the consort/mother archetype all within one's self ... rather that self actualization in the context of society and relationships.

So MANY ways this could all go ... would have to be really specific to get into these deeper levels, I think
fearghus
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis