Induction doesn't work

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Induction doesn't work

Postby Sygma1994 » June 20th, 2015, 4:12 am

So I'm new to hypnosis and decided to try some files out (becomethejock and traintotaljock) but I just dont feel like the induction is working. It is just so long that I find myself not focusing anymore even tho I actively try to 'relax'. Even fell asleep yesterday halfway through. It's not only that but I dont feel like it is working either 'your arms are heavy' yet I don't feel any different. And by the end of the induction I dont feel in trance, but just bored.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any advice as to how to make the best out of an induction or how to get into trance more easily. I already am lying down comfortably when listening, but I dont know what more I can do.
Sygma1994

Postby fearghus » June 20th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Could be a million things ... I find some hypnotists can get me into a trance and others can't ... different styles of inductions, not all of them work.

Also, if you're new, trancing can take a little faith and practice ... for me, I picture in my mind blackness with the hypnotists words scrolling across like a subtitle. That helps keep me focused.

If you can't find a file/hypnotist that works, I suggest the file Curse Enchanted Keyboard ... it won't create huge changes, but if you use it for small changes, the success can be encouraging. If can also help you ease into other files.
fearghus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CumSlutDamien » June 21st, 2015, 2:57 am

If you are knowledgable about Audacity or other audio editing programs, you can edit the induction out of one file and attach the body to an induction from another hypnotist that works better for you.
CumSlutDamien
Regular
Regular

Postby Sygma1994 » June 21st, 2015, 2:01 pm

fearghus wrote:Could be a million things ... I find some hypnotists can get me into a trance and others can't ... different styles of inductions, not all of them work.

Also, if you're new, trancing can take a little faith and practice ... for me, I picture in my mind blackness with the hypnotists words scrolling across like a subtitle. That helps keep me focused.

If you can't find a file/hypnotist that works, I suggest the file Curse Enchanted Keyboard ... it won't create huge changes, but if you use it for small changes, the success can be encouraging. If can also help you ease into other files.

Ok so I tried this one and Im not sure what to think. It was the first time I actually 'woke up' to the awakener of counting to, the part before that I dont quite remember, only the induction I do remember, for the rest there is a little gap. Now I was excited because I thought this meant it worked, having no conscious memory of most of the 'body' itself. But when I try the typing out, i dont have the feeling anything happens. So im still kinda doubting if i was actually in trance, or just fell asleep and woke up randomly during the wakener.
Sygma1994

Postby fearghus » June 21st, 2015, 2:15 pm

Often it takes multiple listening for a trigger file to 'set in' ...

Also ... don't try something outlandish for your first typing like 'I will now grow a monkey tail' ....

First one I tried was 'I will hold my left arm aloft for fifteen minutes'

Up went my arm ... and it didn't feel like I 'had' to put it up ... more like I 'wanted' to put it up. I remember thinking 'this is silly' ... but my arm stayed up the whole time. Did I 'want' it to succeed? Maybe ... but that reinforces success and listening to the file a number of other times to reinforce the trigger helped me with other files in two ways ...
Indirectly: it gave me success which gave me confidence in trying other files ... also practice in trancing
Directly: I used THIS file to enhance other files ... by typing 'I will listen to file"x" and it will be 1000% effective for me'

Try it and see if it helps. The fact that you relaxed to it, yet woke up to the awakened is a good sign.
fearghus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Induction doesn't work

Postby HornyDude » June 21st, 2015, 2:22 pm

[quote="Sygma1994"]
Does anyone have any experience with this or have any advice as to how to make the best out of an induction or how to get into trance more easily. I already am lying down comfortably when listening, but I dont know what more I can do.[/quote]

Welcome to WMM.

In the 'Help with Files' Forum there is a sticky by DKaiser 'The Newbies Guide to Hypnosis/Trancing'. There is a lot of good information there, not the least of which is the recommendation to start with inductions before moving on to more complicated (the real reason you are on WMM) files.

Here are my recommendations for selecting inductions:

Under the Main Menu on the left side of the screen, click on 'Files' to open up the File Navigator.

Under 'Category' select 'Induction' and under 'Special' select 'Free Files'.

We have it narrowed down to 848 files.

Suggestion 1: Under 'Sort' select 'Popularity (infinity --> 0).

Basically this list is ordered by the number of times a file has been downloaded. If you consider the top 10 - 15 files they have each been downloaded more than approx 20,000 times and many were uploaded to the site in 2002-2003. Over the years, they have been recommended many times and worked for many people. Of these 10 - 15, select a few by different authors and try them over a few days. See what works.

Suggestion 2: Under 'Sort' select 'Rating (5 --> 0).

This listing is ordered based on the rating of the file by people who downloaded it and cared enough to go back and register their rating (hopefully with comments). If you consider the top 10 - 15 files, they have been downloaded approx 500 - 2500 times and I think the oldest is from 2011. Of these 10 - 15, select a few by different authors and try them over a few days. Of these, I would recommend including as one of your selections:
http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/7289/Overloaded-by-thoughts-%28Ericksonian%2C-theta-waves%29.php

Best wishes, and let us know what works (or not).

edit:
I see a couple of posts happened while I was writing. Yes, it sounds like you went into trance. Classic "I remember part of the induction and then 'wake up' but I don't know what happened in between".
Excellent! Keep using what works and expand your choices gradually.
Last edited by HornyDude on June 21st, 2015, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Sygma1994 » June 21st, 2015, 2:43 pm

Alright, will try all of your handy tips :) Thank you very much, I will try out some different inductions and see what I think works best. Since I don't really know what 'trance' feels like I can't really say if they work though, I think, maybe I will after one of the files :)

I'll take another look, or better, a listen to the keyboard curse file. See if it amplifies any 'trigger' that might've been set in.
Sygma1994

Postby Sygma1994 » July 22nd, 2015, 7:14 am

No file has been succesful yet, I feel like I'm fooling myself by trying now :/ Is it possible that someone cannot be hypnotised by just listening to a file?
Sygma1994

Postby ProfessorPig » July 23rd, 2015, 1:54 am

Sygma1994 wrote:No file has been succesful yet, I feel like I'm fooling myself by trying now :/ Is it possible that someone cannot be hypnotised by just listening to a file?

yes, about 10-20% of people do not respond much to hypnosis at all. another 10-20% will have it work so well that it can almost seem like magic, the rest are somewhere in between. hypnosis is weird. i have seen powerful changes come from very light trances that look and feel more like an innocent conversation than a deep sleep. the stereotypes of what hypnosis feels like are fun but i don't think they are necessarily true for everyone.

Picture when you get really into reading a book, you are so lost in the words and the story that your awareness of the world around you just dims, you often also get sensitive to sound, anything that takes you out of this world will make you grump. that i think is a good analogy for what trance feels like that most people have experienced.

base on what you have written, it sounds like you likely are going into trance. but the more important question you need to ask yourself is, "are you enjoying listening to files?". if the answer is yes, to some extent it does not matter if you are experiencing the changes, because you are having fun. if you keep listening you may find that the changes happen in their own time, and if they don't, you are still enjoying the process. if you don't enjoy the process of listening to files, that in itself might be the problem.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » July 23rd, 2015, 10:16 am

Trying to relax. one of the biggest issues because it is a meaningless term in many ways. just how do you relax? I use the word sparingly substituting rest instead. None of this is easy because no one is there observing how you are reacting. Reading Erickson, you get the strong impression of how each subject is different and the approach needs to be fine tuned for each. how do you do that with passive scripts like these? The best we can do is try to write from a presumption of familiarity. and hope that after multiple listenings, you achieve just that, familiarity. Then Trust, then results. If you are getting bored, you are not in trance. If you fall asleep, you went to deep. there is a correct band of consciousness/unconsciousness that must be maintained. Anyway, just rambling at this point. If the induction seems too long. learn Audacity and edit it down some. Or skip it all together and teach yourself how to self trance. it is possible to do that. Good Luck WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis