Hypnosis with your own voice.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis with your own voice.

Postby Palerider » August 7th, 2015, 10:26 am

I've read somewhere that it can be easier to hypnotize yourself with a file made in your own voice. They said something about you trusting yourself more than others thus making hypnosis easier to achieve. Is there any truth to this? Also I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.
Life is weird.... Very weird but so am I, so lets call it even.
Palerider

Postby wohermiston » August 7th, 2015, 1:54 pm

I do it and I get results. To me the key to successful hypnosis beyond having a good script is production. I am very sensitive to excessive high and low frequencies, noises like ticks and clicks. It is amazing the degree of noise that comes of the lips and tongue. for every 15-20 minute file I make, I must spend at least an addition 30 minutes de noising the tracks, compressing and equalizing the response. But in the end you get a file that is smooth and easy to listen to. So, sure record your own if you feel so compelled. At the very least it will be a good learning experience. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby joecomp2000 » August 7th, 2015, 4:59 pm

I think it is a trust issue, you trust your own recording
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ParanoidLord » August 7th, 2015, 10:48 pm

I've heard of this, and it seems to be a viable option for self-hypnosis.

A question for people who actually use this method - what narrative perspective do you write/record from? Most files I've heard use a pretty standard 2nd person (You do this, feel that, etc.) viewpoint, but if you're recording your own voice for file usage purposes, it's possible that a file written in the 1st person might be especially effective. I seem to remember reading about the possibility somewhere, but not to any degree that I can tell you who suggested this to me.
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Palerider » August 8th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Thanks I'll give it a try. Also I feel as though if it is your own voice it would make more sense to record it as if your talking to yourself since in reality you ARE talking to yourself.
Life is weird.... Very weird but so am I, so lets call it even.
Palerider

Return to General Hypnosis