Effects of psychiatric meds on hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Effects of psychiatric meds on hypnosis

Postby smaller2 » August 30th, 2015, 9:40 am

Some years ago when I first got into hypnosis, files had a profound and amazing effect on me. In the years (5 or more) that I have been on fluoxetine and clonazepam - meds I was prescribed to, that even out the high and low emotional extremes - it seems they might be why hypnosis files no longer have such a pronounced effect on me.

For example, the inches I lost of overall height have and size been regained from the file I made (5'11 to 5'8 confirmed during physicals at my doctors office, now back up to 5'10) and it is harder for the effects of my own file to take as deep a root as they once did before. But I do need to be be shorter, scaled down, I was on the right track and have trouble getting back on there.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any suggestions, other than getting off the meds, that could work around it?
smaller2
Regular
Regular

Postby ProfessorPig » August 30th, 2015, 3:43 pm

the only really safe and valid answer is talk to your doctor or prescriber. they will know you better than we will, and are in a position to give you advice.

speaking generally though, hypnosis relies on creating dissociative states, i would not be surprised if certain medicines would suppressed those, but i have not heard anything about the meds your taking negatively effecting hypnosis. clonazepam is a hypnotic class drug so i would be surprised if it really negatively effected hypnosis, unless possibly you fall asleep. the SSRI you are taking would be the more likely suspect of the two to interfere with hypnosis in my opinion, but i have not heard anything about them negatively effecting trance.

but again, your doctor or prescriber is probably best able to answer your question than a stranger on the internet with no medical background like myself.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis