relaxing the eyes/inability to open eyes

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

relaxing the eyes/inability to open eyes

Postby oatmeal » January 1st, 2016, 4:34 pm

something i've noticed about inductions that focus on relaxing the eyes/not being able to open the eyes: for some reason, one of the first signs of going under that i notice is my eyes tightening, like i'm consciously trying to squeeze them closed (i'm not). this is the opposite of relaxing my eyelids, so sometimes in inductions i have a back-and-forth sensation of my eyelids locking together on their own and then relaxing when i'm told to relax them. i think my eyes squeezing shut is some sort of learned response to someone trying to put me under (maybe so i have an easy time believing that i've lost the ability to open them), but it sometimes draws conscious attention to my body, which delays my ability to go under. the weird thing is, it also sort of helps because i know my body is doing something i haven't told it to do, which (i think) is a sign that the session is working

does anyone else tend to recognize signs that they're being put under? are there different signs you notice? is it distracting to you, or does it help?
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » January 3rd, 2016, 11:08 pm

You're an excellent subject, Oatmeal.

It's realized that your posting invites others to tell about the signals that let someone know: You're being put under now.

But I recognize something in your words; in your thoughts. So, I'm responding to say that it's exceptional and extraordinary when a man does what you've done.
    It's exceptional when a man looks inside himself and then takes time to communicate what he's discovered.
And, I'm responding to tell you: The effort is recognized.

If you were here in this recliner by the window, with eyes shut, it would give a great deal of pleasure to watch your eyelids as they squeeze and then relax.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby oatmeal » January 3rd, 2016, 11:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've only ever heard that live hypnosis sessions are more effective than pre-recorded file sessions, so I'm sure I'll eventually move on to live hypnosis. That's a thought that makes me want to practice trancing even more so I can improve myself as a subject.
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Postby chase1 » January 4th, 2016, 12:44 am

I have noticed that when I go under my eyes do tend to have tension around them, and have a lot of rapid movement. I haven't listened to files that specifically make references to my eyes relaxing, but otherwise seemed like a relevant experience to share.
chase1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby oatmeal » January 4th, 2016, 12:50 am

My eyes sometimes move rapidly for the first few minutes, but sometimes they don't. I think it has to do with how much pent-up energy I have, but I might be wrong.
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis