How Good Are My Trances?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

How Good Are My Trances?

Postby oatmeal » January 19th, 2016, 12:56 am

After listening to files for ~1.5h a day over the past few weeks, I've noticed that my hypnosis sessions generally go one of three ways. I'd like to hear from experienced subjects: on a scale of 1 to 10, how good is the quality of each trance, given the description?

The Riveting Lecture (~60% of my trances):
Usually the induction will have a trigger that is supposed to put me under; I'll hear it, feel my head sort of sink deeper into my pillow despite not physically moving, the light that I can see through closed eyelids will either flicker or become dimmer immediately, but otherwise I will have no inclination toward 'zoning out'. I never really stop consciously hearing what the file is saying. I just end up feeling relaxed and a little more focused, and about 5-10 minutes later I'll usually lose sensation throughout my body, especially noticeable in my arms and hands (it's not immediately noticeable, but I always notice when the file is close to the awakener). In the end I feel a little refreshed and energized, with the ability to remember words spoken by the file, but for some reason I never have any desire to try.

The Power Nap ( ~20% of my trances):

This one will often start like the one before, but will often feel a little harder to get rolling. I'll feel the same responses to triggers as the beginning of the file, but often my head will be filled with intrusive thoughts and I'll have recurring thoughts breaking my focus but not my relaxation. Eventually I'll succeed in shoving the intrusive thoughts aside, and immediately lose conscious thought. The file will end, and I will miss the awakener, waking up between about three minutes after the file has ended. I will have no memory of the file after losing conscious thought, and won't notice any feeling of refreshment.

The Blackout (~20% of my trances):

Begins much like the Riveting Lecture, however I eventually lose conscious thought in a manner similar to the Power Nap. I have no trouble with intrusive thoughts, and I can never remember the trance afterward. I always regain conscious thinking during, or a few seconds before the awakener. I feel slightly more refreshed after blacking out than with other trances.

TL;DR: Can't tell how good my trances are; looking for someone to tell me. Thanks everyone!
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Postby rgn » January 20th, 2016, 1:16 am

All 3 of your trance descriptions sound very similar to my experiences. The power nap description sounds like you dozed off. I am thinking this because you stated you do not feel as relaxed and energized as you do with the other 2 trance experiences. Although it is possible you just went so deep it took a bit longer to come out of the trance. Some files do not give much time to come out of a deep trance state. And sometimes you may just want to stay in the deep trance state longer. If you think back to the times you had the power nap experience, were you more tired when you started the file?

Several years ago I wanted to see how long I could stay in trance. I used a file that had a lot of suggestions to keep going deeper into trance. The file did not have an awaken suggestion. The file was on the longer side (I cannot recall the file name or exactly how long but I believe it was around 45 minutes). The voice slowly faded out towards the end (I believe over several minutes) so it was not very noticeable when the voice stopped. I went completely blank and lost awareness of my body and surroundings. But was aware of my blank and relaxed state. It took some time for me to come out on my own. And I remember when I finally started coming out of trance I became aware of my thoughts and my surroundings, but noticed I could not move my body. Shortly thereafter, my body and mind seemed to connect and I came fully out of trance.

Sounds like you are entering and experiencing trance very well.
rgn
Mentor
Mentor

Postby oatmeal » January 20th, 2016, 1:25 am

Thanks for the response. :D

I think the power nap tends to occur when I'm tired, but so do good trances, and I'll feel a little less tired afterward. I tranced repeatedly through the night a couple of days ago after having woken up early that day, and when I eventually tried to sleep, I woke up on my own after 3.5 hours. I'm capable of quality trance while tired, but at the same time the files I end sessions with have decently obvious non-optional awakeners, so missing the awakeners seems really weird unless I am actually falling asleep.
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Postby rgn » January 20th, 2016, 1:34 am

I can see it going both ways on the power nap experience. I certainly have used files that dropped me very deep and gave a quick count from 1 to 3 or 1 to 5 and it was not long enough for me to recall the awaken and come out of trance before the file ended. But waking up within 3 minutes of the file ending seems like the awaken suggestion caught your mind's attention. I think it is quite likely you are having a mix of experiences with this one. Sometimes going very deep and sometimes actually falling asleep.
rgn
Mentor
Mentor

Postby oatmeal » January 20th, 2016, 1:41 am

I think what wakes me up is noticing the lack of sound. Like I'm going back to paying attention after minutes of not doing so, and realizing that the file is done.
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

How good are my trance

Postby CyrilMtl » January 20th, 2016, 3:36 pm

Hi
My 'trance' are like yours, however i do 't know if i really trance.
Never had any command or trigger working after a file :(

Only trignippleorgasm seems to increase my nipple sensitivity, never to orgasm level and it fade away quickly if i don't listen often to it.

On one vive doll file, i don't know if i was a blank doll for an hour or if i just sleep.

I don't know if i nap/blackout or if listen to the file and some amnesia command make me forget it.

Only ocntrl total relaxation make my mind go blank, but i think it's more on the meditation side than on a deepening trance.

I don't really know and can't express what is really trance and that deep trance that everybody seems to enjoy.

I would like to be able to have trigger or trance command working on me,and being able t feel and visualize some of the 'trance story' that are here or on vive script.

I am jealous of people here who seems to be able to become dog or drone or orgasm under trance or by some trigger pretty easily.
CyrilMtl
Regular
Regular

Postby oatmeal » January 20th, 2016, 9:00 pm

It sounds as though your triggers are actually working better than you think. Relaxation and trance are closely connected; living a vivid fantasy is a pinnacle of successful hypnosis, which is why you shouldn't feel bad about it not happening very easily. It takes a long time to get there from listening to MP3's, but that doesn't mean you can't have really fulfilling hypnotic experiences before that.

I used to be quite similar in that I couldn't tell if hypnosis was working or not. Now I'm sure it is, but it's not as powerful as a movie depiction of hypnosis. The relaxation, calm emptiness, and pleasure I feel when trancing couldn't be explained in any other way. I've noticed progress, but I know for sure that I've barely scratched the surface of how good a subject I can be.
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis