how often, how many?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

how often, how many?

Postby Coolidge » January 29th, 2016, 11:43 pm

I'm new to hypnosis, and I'm learning both sides of the coin (I enjoy some of the files around here, and I'm trying to learn to hypnotize others, too). I've listened to a few files here and there, and gotten some results, and I just downloaded some non-kink files from another site.

So, my question, before I get all kid-in-a-candy-store, is: how many files can I listen to in a week? Should I stick with one file for a while, or is it okay to rotate files so I do one file today, a different one tomorrow, etc.?
Coolidge

Postby ParanoidLord » January 29th, 2016, 11:52 pm

I'd recommend that once you've found a file or set of files that you like, you should stick with them for a bit and try to listen to them as regularly as possible. A lot of files (especially the more complicated ones) require some practice and diligence to get working and will reward you greatly if you're willing to put that in.
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby oatmeal » January 30th, 2016, 12:40 am

Hypnosis is all about relaxation, so you can trance pretty much whenever you feel relaxed. I trance for between half an hour and three hours a day, and I can tell when I'm able to and when I'm not; I get restless and often get a headache when I trance too much. I don't think there's an invisible limit to how much you can trance. If you won't get much out of it, your body will tell you.
oatmeal
Regular
Regular

Re: how often, how many?

Postby diode168 » February 6th, 2016, 2:55 pm

When starting of like you are I would recommend you listen to 1 file every day for at least a week or two. This allows you to get use to being hypnotised.

So pick your favourite and jump in and see what works.
diode168
Guru
Guru

Re: how often, how many?

Postby ProfessorPig » February 8th, 2016, 8:41 pm

in my opinion the golden rule of hypnosis is to only listen to the files that have the changes you want to experience. with this in mind i think the most important first step is to just focus on what your hypnotic goals are.

there are many out there who recommend listening to only one file at a time, and i think there is some validity to that point of view. but i also think it's perfectly acceptable to listen to multiple files on the same theme as long as they don't have conflicting suggestions. listening to multiple files on the same subject can improve your success because it gives you different viewpoints for why you should accept the same suggestion.

when i first found erotic hypnosis i was listening for 3-4 hours a day, but i think a much healthier amount is to listen just once or twice a day to a file for the first week, and then slowly taper down from there. after a month you may only need to listen to the file once a month as sort of a maintenance of the suggestions. you will know that you are listening to a file too much if it starts feeling like a chore instead of something you are doing for fun. when i find that happening i start rejecting suggestions. your mileage may vary though so to speak.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis