Headaches

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Headaches

Postby hypnome1674 » March 11th, 2016, 10:44 pm

does anyone get headaches from hypnosis. when I close my eyes to goto sleep I feel sensations of the files I have listened to and an incredible preasure untill I cant bear it anymore and have to get up, then it goes away. any suggestions to get rid of this so I can finally get a good nights sleep.
hypnome1674

Re: Headaches

Postby JackDrago » March 12th, 2016, 11:31 am

This is often a sign of inner conflict in the subject. Do all files do this to you or just certain ones. Try a plain induction with no suggestions, if that doesn't give you a headache, consider the contents of the file that does.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » March 12th, 2016, 9:16 pm

+1 for what jackodragon said.

headaches are often a sign that you are either rejecting a suggestion, or that you are experiencing the last bit of resistance before your mind caves and accepts a suggestion that you are conflicted about. either way, you should listen to your body and stop listening to the files that give you headaches, or at least meditate on why those files are bothering you.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby championnick » March 14th, 2016, 4:19 am

As a recent new sub, I can confirm what the others have said; generally, when I outright reject something and either break trance or stop following post-trance suggestions, the result tends to be disorientation. However, I have yet to see a suggestion powerful enough to override what somebody wants, so ProfessorPig's theory seems a bit out of place....Then again, he's more experienced here, so I think I'll let the case rest for a bit. Point is, try what I do, read over every script you can before you start (if it's audio-only, a quick, conscious skim of the file should do. Ideally, focus on it so nothing happens while distracted, but focus on not trancing) and make sure it's exactly what you want.

....Alternately, if by, "sleep" you literally mean intense headaches when trying to sleep (versus sleeping in trance), I question if hypnosis is the only problem here. Might want to consider other theories; headaches are a fairly common ailment, so don't assume it's hypnosis, even if the suggestions may be present. It may only be one factor. Sleep, hunger, conflicting suggestions (even if you like both, the brain cannot be two things at once without painful cognitive dissonance issues, so if suggestions are triggering concurrently there may be interference), etc...there are many issues involved.
championnick

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » March 14th, 2016, 5:25 am

I agree with the recommendation given by ProfessorPig... to temporarily stop listening to hypnosis recordings.

It's been my experience that headaches are more likely for subjects who are failing to get the sleep they need.

Listen to hypno recordings you enjoy for an hour or so. Then, switch 'em off. Let your sleep be sleep.
The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to be broken.

Check out my latest journal entry: here.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis