Blind in your mind. Able to be hypnotized?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Blind in your mind. Able to be hypnotized?

Postby Jibberish » April 27th, 2016, 7:25 pm

https://www.facebook.com/notes/blake-ro ... nref=story

So to put it simply, I am like this, and have struggled with hypnosis, never to date having a successful occurrence. I sort of thought I was normal until I read this and then had numerous conversations with friends. His descriptions describe me not quite, but nearly to a T.

When something tells me to imagine something, I always thought it was a metaphor situation rather than a literal thing I needed to do. When something tells me to feel something, same occurrence.

With that in mind, I guess standard inductions would not work, but no one really tries anything different.

So pretty much, is it possible, and if so how?
Jibberish
Regular
Regular

Re: Blind in your mind. Able to be hypnotized?

Postby ProfessorPig » April 28th, 2016, 5:49 am

this would certainly make it more difficult to engage with a lot of hypnosis. you would likely do better with various forms of brainwashing to change your thoughts and behaviors.

when you read a book do you ever find yourself getting so lost in the story that the world around you fades away a bit? alternatively do you ever find that you are unusually disturbed by the sounds of the world around you when you are trying to read?
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » April 28th, 2016, 5:12 pm

When something tells me to imagine something, I always thought it was a metaphor situation rather than a literal thing I needed to do. When something tells me to feel something, same occurrence.

With that in mind, I guess standard inductions would not work, but no one really tries anything different.

So pretty much, is it possible, and if so how?

Most mind-blind people can trance, they just need to trance in a different way. Obviously a visualization induction like Fluffy White Cloud would be out for you, but there are lots of different ways to get into trance and many of them could work for you. A few suggestions from the files I have made / done that might work for you:

Relaxation inductions: almost never require visualization, you are just instructed to breathe, pay attention to your breathing, and progressively tense and relax various muscle groups. Probably a mind-blind person's best bet for learning to trance. Among my stuff, Manly Dress and Grooming has a relaxation induction as does Weightlifting and Stretching Compulsion

Masturbation Induction: Masturbation inductions usually don't require much or any visualization as the induction is achieved by focusing on the physical sensation of masturbation rather than anything imagined. Probably your second-best bet for getting in trance, though it's probably the funnest way to try. Good examples of a masturbation induction include: EMG's MasturTrance and my own Stroke Manly and Macho Sub. This type of induction also covers ViVe's entire Dumbing Down series and quite a few other choices.

Confusion inductions: A confusion induction puts you into trance by focusing on too many different things at once so that some of it slips through. It's common for confusion inductions to have several different ways of getting you into trance in the different channels, so you could ignore the visualization ones and focus on whatever's on the other channel instead.

The classic example "Adderall Boys" by Sarnoga is very heavy on visualization; but other confusion inductions like the one on ARGearCub's "Dirty Fucking Top Pig" are actually pretty light on the visualization... Unfortunately, confusion inductions are only on a fairly small number of files and there's no standardized way to find which ones have them.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby OxyFemboi » April 28th, 2016, 7:34 pm

The Seven Plus or Minus Two induction might work. It's based on the fact that people can only remember from as few as five to, at most, nine things at once. Once you reach your limit, the hypnotist is still adding things for you to remember and reminding you of other things that you have forgotten to remember. As you get more and more confused, you slip into a trance. I know it's been recorded separately, so you could use it in front of any file's Body (the actual suggestions) and a wakener (which wakes you from the trance) to make a complete file you could trance to.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby daugo » May 27th, 2016, 1:01 pm

The Seven Plus or Minus Two induction might work. It's based on the fact that people can only remember from as few as five to, at most, nine things at once. Once you reach your limit, the hypnotist is still adding things for you to remember and reminding you of other things that you have forgotten to remember. As you get more and more confused, you slip into a trance. I know it's been recorded separately, so you could use it in front of any file's Body (the actual suggestions) and a wakener (which wakes you from the trance) to make a complete file you could trance to.

Yea, that one works on me really well. In general I find confusion inductions to be more effective than just straight up inductions. this is just my opinion.
though I do recommend trying out a few to see what techniques are most effective for you. For me it is confusion mixed with visualization.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio
daugo
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » May 27th, 2016, 7:39 pm

daugo wrote
Yea, that one works on me really well. In general I find confusion inductions to be more effective than just straight up inductions. this is just my opinion.
though I do recommend trying out a few to see what techniques are most effective for you. For me it is confusion mixed with visualization.

Almost all anybody has to do is wave a pocket watch (or a shiny quartz crystal) in my general direction and I'm in trance. I put myself in trance when I was rewriting an induction so it fit the file I wanted to pair it with. I'm not quite that bad ... but very close to it. I think I have been put under by every induction I have ever listened to.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Return to General Hypnosis