New here! Need help with trancing.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

New here! Need help with trancing.

Postby thequirkyone » April 28th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Hey all, I am new here and wanted to say hi and see if I could get some advice.

I have been listening to files by majorpixel, luggy and Jackstock. I am wondering if I am really trancing or going under though because I can still move during it and triggers don't seem to be working on me.

A little history about me: I have been hypnotized before when I was 12 or so because I was a bedwetter. My PCP got trained in hypnotherapy and after one session with him, my bedwetting stopped (that same night!) so I know I am capable of being put under, but for some reason my mind wanders whenever I listen to files, I feel like I have to constantly swallow my saliva or post-nasal drip bothers me. I don't seem to go deep like when my PCP hypnotized me. Do you think a visual stimulus would work better? I've currently just been lying on my back in bed with my eyes closed. My PCP had me hold a quarter on top of my finger and stare at it while he induced me, and when it fell off my finger I was triggered to fall asleep. I remember pretty little from the session but the results speak for themself. Any help anyone could give to guide me in the right direction would be great :)
thequirkyone

Re: New here! Need help with trancing.

Postby wohermiston » April 28th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Hi,
if you read about Milton Erickson and probably others, you find that every subject is different which is why in-person sessions are usually more effective. With files, I think the hope is that repeated listening will breed familiarity with the voice and style and the file will eventually have some effect.
Creating change is a cooperative effort between the listener and the voice. And there is no way that we can know who is listening. I think the best files will persuade in a non obvious way and won't make direct demands of the listener, and should include amnesia techniques so your conscious mind does not remember the session, just as you describe your in-person session was. That's the best answer i can give, keep trying. Good luck WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » April 30th, 2016, 3:26 pm

Different subjects have different hypnosis needs, so if any given thing does not work, just keep trying until you have luck. I can't diagnose your problem from the info provided, but there are lots of options.

My best advice is to try a bunch of different inductions until you find one that works for you. My general list includes EMG'S Train: Susceptible, Sarnoga's Adderall Boys, and a few of my own like Fluffy White Cloud and Failing to Resist. Once you have learned to trance to one file and gotten good at it, other files will get easier.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby thequirkyone » April 30th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Thanks! I will try some of those, though I think it may have happened to me last night. I thought I had fallen asleep but I had been listening a file and all of a sudden I sat up while the file was still playing and I was 22 minutes into it, and it wasn't like awakening from a sleep at all, and I don't remember a large part of it, so I am wondering if I just went really deep. Also, I am hearing suggestions now from other files I've listened to repeating over and over in my head during the day. I have ADHD really, really bad (like actual ADHD where I will destroy objects just fumbling with them if I am not on my meds because I constantly need to be fiddling with something if I am not medicated) so the Adderall one may help. I tried Bubble because it had rave reviews but it did nothing for me.

JackStock's file (muscle growth 1) is the one I actually blanked out to. Don't know if it's happened to anyone else.
thequirkyone

Postby OxyFemboi » May 1st, 2016, 1:43 am

thequirkyone wrote
Thanks! I will try some of those, though I think it may have happened to me last night. I thought I had fallen asleep but I had been listening a file and all of a sudden I sat up while the file was still playing and I was 22 minutes into it, and it wasn't like awakening from a sleep at all, and I don't remember a large part of it, so I am wondering if I just went really deep. Also, I am hearing suggestions now from other files I've listened to repeating over and over in my head during the day. I have ADHD really, really bad (like actual ADHD where I will destroy objects just fumbling with them if I am not on my meds because I constantly need to be fiddling with something if I am not medicated) so the Adderall one may help. I tried Bubble because it had rave reviews but it did nothing for me.

JackStock's file (muscle growth 1) is the one I actually blanked out to. Don't know if it's happened to anyone else.

No file works for every person, including the Bubble Induction. That's why there are usually several versions of each popular file by different hypnotists. Different styles, different suggestions, different hypnotists ... eventually you find someone's style that works for you. That's why different people have different favorite hypnotists; those hypnotists (and their style and the way they phrase the suggestions) work for those people (but not for others).

Perhaps you could use that same way your PCP knew when you were hypnotized. Hold a quarter lightly between your finger and thumb. When you go into trance, your hand will relax and the quarter will drop.

Some files contain suggestions that the suggestions repeat over and over in your mind till they are accepted.

If you need something to look at while you listen to a file, there are hundreds, probably millions, of spirals and hypnotic images all over the web. A few a day are posted to my Tumblr account. Go to http://www.Tumblr.com and search for "hypnosis spiral". You should find a few that you like. I've found thirty or so that I liked; I downloaded them and occasionally use them. Everybody's tastes are different -- and what works for me may not work for you -- so when you find one you like, download it and play it on your computer while you listen to a hypnosis file.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby blanketcross » May 2nd, 2016, 6:39 pm

Most of the successful trances I have had, where when I was not sleepy. For some reason when I am tired, my mind wanders around a lot (maybe trying to enter sleep?). Try listening to various induction while you are not tired, and see if that helps. Another thing you could do is go to a live hypnotist and have them give you the ability to trance super easily with online hypnosis files that you are trying to trance to.
blanketcross
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis