Silent Subliminal Tests/Experiments

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Silent Subliminal Tests/Experiments

Postby blanketcross » April 28th, 2016, 9:45 pm

These tests would include a few groups of people. The first test would have two groups. The first group would be the control group. The second group would listen to a silent subliminal that trains them to be right and left handed. After one week, we compare what happened to the control group (not listening) and the group who did listening and noted any changes. Then we would check back on the after a month. The official test would be over then and they would be able to continue listening or stop if they choose.

The second test would be for growth in men and women. The first groups would be the control group. Breast sizes and penis length/girth would be recorded and they wouldn't listen. The second group would also have their parts recorded. The second groups would listen to silent subliminals that cause either their breasts or penis to grow. After a week results would be recorded and then after a month they would be recorded again. They would be able to choose to keep listening if they wanted.

I believe these tests would allow us to have a better understanding of if/how silent subliminals work.
blanketcross
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Silent Subliminal Tests/Experiments

Postby JackDrago » April 30th, 2016, 3:28 pm

What kind of subliminals will you be using?
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby Jackstock » April 30th, 2016, 7:02 pm

This would need a large sample size to be accurate. It may also need more than a week or a month.
Would be great if someone was actually willing to test this out.
But if you really want this to be substantial, it would have to be a pretty big project.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby 5HA99Y » April 30th, 2016, 8:23 pm

i would be willing to try the hand one or penis one would these also have the same effect while sleeping?
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby OxyFemboi » May 1st, 2016, 1:16 am

JackDrago wrote
What kind of subliminals will you be using?

A Silent Subliminal is defined as a subliminal file compiled using Lowry's silent subliminal presentation system (US Patent 5,159,703 granted on October 27, 1992).

According to the Audacity Forum on Silent Subliminals:
  • You will need either high quality speakers, or ultrasonic transducers to be able to play the resulting sound.
  • If you play back this recording over normal speakers, there is a risk that it could burn out the tweeters. It is essential that you do not turn the volume up beyond normal listening levels. Even at normal listening levels there is a risk that it could destroy the tweeters in the speakers as the high frequency content is far higher than in standard audio recordings.
  • Many experts in the field of subliminal messaging claim that if your ears cannot hear it, then it will have no subliminal effect, but that if your ears can hear it, then it will be extremely irritating to listen to.
  • It is essential that you do not listen to this recording at high volume level as it could cause permanent damage to your hearing. This is especially important if you listen through headphones. KEEP THE PLAYBACK VOLUME LOW.
  • Many commercially available "silent subliminal" are totally safe to use because they really are silent (no sound at all). The technique described here is not "silent" - there will be high frequency sound that may be above or close to the limit of your hearing threshold, but it is not silent - hence the important warnings. Use at your own risk, but please heed the warnings.
  • I make no claims regarding the safety or effectiveness of this technique. It is only intended as a demonstration of a simple implementation of Lowry's silent subliminal presentation system (US Patent 5,159,703 October 27, 1992).

Emphasis -- bold and red bold -- is in the original document. {Much, much more technical information than most people could possibly want is available here and in the pages referenced: http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic ... 13&t=53615 ... There are pages dedicated to technical discussion about using two interfering ultra-high frequencies to make what you actually "hear" centered around 15500 kHz or 17500 kHz. There is also discussion on how to test a file to see if a given recording contains messages or nothing and information is given on how to recover the original recording so you can actually hear the suggestions. The "blank" subliminals will probably need to contain some innocuous suggestions.]

I would be willing to use the left-handed Silent Subliminal.

If this study is done correctly, you could write this up and possibly have it published in a scholarly journal dedicated to hypnosis, subliminals, and/or psychology. I'm sure there are some journals of this type in existence; there are scholarly magazines dedicated to everything else.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby 5HA99Y » May 1st, 2016, 1:53 pm

that good info oxy

i have done brainwaves before like idoser some of them had effects on me but some didnt the program did wanted you to listen to it on low volume i tried one with a hypnosis file in the background but not sure if anything effected me though but i was able to relax more quickly if i used the idoser program and maybe the silent sub hypnosis file it might work too if some has trouble relaxing while testing the files out. sorry if i might have gone off topic in a way and if anybody would like to do the test pm me if you want a test subject
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JackDrago » May 2nd, 2016, 9:57 am

@OxyFemboi thanks for the info, but I needed the original poster's answer as I have no clue if this is actually the method that he's using.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby blanketcross » May 2nd, 2016, 6:35 pm

I apologize to you guys! I had totally forgot I made this forum subject and therefore never checked the General Hypnosis section. Oxy was right for the type of subliminal I would be using; silent subliminals. Maybe when I can afford college, I will get a psychology teacher and a bunch of students to try out the different kinds (Ambigious Hand Control, Breast/Penis Enlargement) and have the study run for a semester and have weekly updates. Alas, college is expensive and I will have to wait before I can do this. Having an online based test would not be accurate and "official" enough yet.
blanketcross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby OxyFemboi » May 2nd, 2016, 10:54 pm

blanketcross wrote
I apologize to you guys! I had totally forgot I made this forum subject and therefore never checked the General Hypnosis section. Oxy was right for the type of subliminal I would be using; silent subliminals. Maybe when I can afford college, I will get a psychology teacher and a bunch of students to try out the different kinds (Ambigious Hand Control, Breast/Penis Enlargement) and have the study run for a semester and have weekly updates. Alas, college is expensive and I will have to wait before I can do this. Having an online based test would not be accurate and "official" enough yet

I'm guessing that you mean ambidextrous -- able to use both hands equally well -- instead of ambiguous -- which means .. well, having more than one likely meaning.

As far as college goes, you can always take some basic college courses at a community college; the credits usually transfer, thus saving you lots and lots of cash. You also find out, fairly cheaply, if college is for you or is one of those not-one-of-my-better-ideas idea.
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby ProfessorPig » May 7th, 2016, 9:22 pm

two suggestions,
first, having a sample tone or something at the beginning of the file to calibrate the sound to determine what a normal volume is would be helpful.

second, as far as content i recommend sticking to something tried and true that people will more or less consistently get results with. breast and penis enlargement are a magnitude harder to pull off than something simple like creating an association between a feeling and an object.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby fearghus » May 8th, 2016, 7:54 am

Perhaps ONE subliminal file and one file that is 'blank' but sounding like the subliminal file (no actual suggestions) ... group a is given the 'real' file, group b the placebo, but none of the people are told which group they are in or which file they have ... only told that they may or may not have a file with suggestions.
fearghus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby blanketcross » May 9th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Yes, that is a good idea! We would also have to have a group who doesn't listen just as a control group.
blanketcross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby fuckingstrawberries » May 10th, 2016, 10:37 pm

I just want to say, this is a pretty standard test procedure you're feeling out. You could have just said you wanted to run a clinical trial for subliminals and it would have been the same thing.
If I were you, I'd look up some test procedures, at least so you aren't reinventing them.
fuckingstrawberries
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » May 11th, 2016, 4:24 am

fuckingstrawberries
I just want to say, this is a pretty standard test procedure you're feeling out. You could have just said you wanted to run a clinical trial for subliminals and it would have been the same thing.
If I were you, I'd look up some test procedures, at least so you aren't reinventing them.

True, we may be reinventing the idea of a double-blind clinical trial. It's nice to know that pure logic leads to the conclusion of a clinical trial as described in the literature. As for me, I avoided every upper-level Psychology class due to the fact that every upper level class had as a prerequisite Psychology 45, which was commonly known as Rat Lab. I did not see any use of duplicating an experiment -- according to rumor, rats learning to run a maze -- that had been successfully done by every Psychology class since the first experiment was conducted and published in a psychology journal, probably by Aristotle (or even worse, B. F. Skinner, whose theories I detested).
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby Jibberish » May 26th, 2016, 11:34 pm

I'll give it a shot when your ready
Jibberish
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » May 26th, 2016, 11:50 pm

Same here. When you're ready, I will be as well.
Peace Love Unity Respect

OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Return to General Hypnosis