Itching during hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Itching during hypnosis

Postby Nwbie » May 10th, 2016, 8:54 am

Hi there everyone,

I've been trying hypnosis on and off for a few years now and still haven't had a lot of success with the more fun files.
Recently I've found one of the most effective inductions so far for me is the Deep Trance series from ocntrl
https://www.warpmymind.com/index.php?ga ... le_id=4429 and https://www.warpmymind.com/index.php?ga ... le_id=4430

Nonetheless I've some issues when going into trance, I often get itchy feelings, especially on my nose which distract me a lot.
And sometimes I get this twitching feeling inside my veins.

When I take a look at the Newbie guide (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7804)
And I read through it I feel like the following for the different phases
On that note, what should hypnosis feel like?
There are a few distinct phases that everyone passes through:

1. Relaxation of the body. Your body gets more relaxed, less full of aches, pains, and tension. Check I feel like I'm able to achieve this pretty well
2. Loosing of the train of thought. Your mind will want to wander, focusing on any stimulus it receives rather easily. My mind wander a lot on it's on already but it's pretty hard to focus even with hypnosis it is still not always as easy. I am able to focus on it pretty well accept when I start get itches. However this is definitely one of the hardest parts for me
3. Unimportance of the outside world. You'll stop paying attention to things around you. Hard to gauge from my perspective
4. Decreased desire to move. As the body continues to relax, and muscle tension decreases, the body will become more and more still. I definitely feel like I achieve this really well, to the point where it feels like your body is kind of frozen unless you actually and conscientiously try to move it like when scratching an itch.
5. Loss of equilibrium. Some sense this as floating, some as feeling very heavy, some as their bed/chair floating through space. Regardless of how you feel it, your body position will seem to become indistinct. This I sometimes achieve but not always and normally for small period like several seconds up to maybe half a minute or a minute (hard to say).
6. Ease of Focus. As your train of thought continues to focus on the hypnotist, it'll stop getting so easily distracted, and will seem to gravitate towards focusing on the voice. Most report that the voice becomes louder and clearer when this happens. Yeah I don't really feel this happening accept for maybe some really brief moments
7. Pain Ignorance. Once the focus rests on the hypnotist's voice, the body will generally stop feeling pain or stress to a large extent. Don't think I'm achieving this
8. Sublimation of Consciousness. Your conscious train of thought will seem to silence, just focusing on the voice and not really thinking about it.
These don't have to specifically be in this order, but they are the general sensations that will be associated with proper hypnosis.
No way I'm achieving this, like this still feels pretty far away.

Trance goes pretty deep then. Do I need to go all the way down that list?
Not necessarily. Generally, you'll see a linear relation between trance depth and hypnosis effectiveness(the deeper you go, the better it'll get), but deep trance doesn't ensure effective hypnosis(and shallow trance doesn't deny it). Generally, changes to behavior become effective around level 2-3(becoming very effective around 6), while transformative hypnosis is effective starting at 5, and becoming very effective at 7-8. Fantasy hypnosis(a type of file that plays out a scene in your mind) tends to reach optimal effectiveness at 6, and becomes very effective at 8.

Since I really want to do fantasy hypnosis I really want to reach level 6 or lower.

At the moment I feel kind of stuck at level 4 and 5.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some help or tips to go deeper down to level 6 or lower :D
And also how to deal with itching feelings as there are really annoying and don't only happen on my nose but sometimes on my legs as well (and more rarely in other locations).
Nwbie

Re: Itching during hypnosis

Postby HornyDude » May 11th, 2016, 4:56 pm

These things are really annoying and can absolutely destroy a trance. The good news is that they are easy to overcome and totally under your control.

I found it useful to have a short mental 'conversation' with myself before starting a trance. Along the lines of: "I'm looking forward to the next hour of relaxing trance. I want to experience this file and I approve of the effects. If I become uncomfortable, I will move as necessary or scratch an itch and then take a deep, relaxing breath and continue with the trance."

I found that when I became physically uncomfortable during a trance it was easy to 'make the necessary adjustment' and take a deep breath and slowly exhale rejoining the trance.

If this works for you, you can go for extra credit and try hypnosis outdoors. A nice warm Summer afternoon on the porch or backyard - - what could possibly go wrong? Birds, insects, breezes, clouds, sun, lawnmowers . . . (its a pretty long list).
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nwbie » May 11th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion I'm definitely going to try this out.

Anyway more tips on the itching issue or going deeper in general, especially past phase 4 would be much appreciated.
Nwbie

Postby ProfessorPig » May 12th, 2016, 12:50 pm

it's worth mentioning that it's perfectly ok to scratch an itch if you have one. your body will naturally just slip back down into that relaxed state and you won't have to think about any itching.

i find i am a fan of letting my mind wander while listening to a file. even when you are not focusing on the file a part of you is still listening. and if you do let your mind wander, you may find that you start daydreaming.

this is somewhat unrelated, but when this happens one fun thing to try is to control the visuals that pop in your head. if for example, an image of a car moving down a street pops in your head, try making that car stop and then see it driving backwards. when you find that happens you have unlocked the power of controlling the images in your mental domain. this skill can allow you to have powerful and vivid hallucinations that are under your guidance. once you see that you can control the objects you see, you can begin to change them more, or even add new ones. change the color of that car, change the model of the car, turn the car into a horse.

once you can change individual objects you can start changing the entire scenes. when you gain the ability to change entire scenes you can craft a fantasy to match the fantasy that is described in the file. it's worth noting, much like your regular dreams, you do not have to have every detail in focus, you can let the unimportant stuff remain blurry or out of focus. it's more important to focus your attention on the parts of the fantasy you want to explore.

you may also want to give Chewtoy's files a listen. while they are unlikely to produce the deep trances you are seeking on your own, his early files provide a number of trance training skills that will carry over into anything you listen to. the first one is just a rapid induction trigger. this skill is used in all his later files, but you can see how the skill of slipping quickly into a nice trance whenever you hear a single phrase can be applied to slipping back into that trance state after you scratch your nose.
anyway, i hope some of these thoughts help.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby Nwbie » May 16th, 2016, 9:48 am

Thanks for the advice it is definitely useful.

The telling myself that I can simply scratch and go back into trance has helped for sure.
I've been getting closer to phase/lvl 5 but still can't really stay there I feel.

I've tried a bunch of chewtoy's files and don't really know if they make a difference or not.
(Deeper Spiral Induction, The_Sound_of_My_Voice_(MP3) and Snap_(MP3))
I'll give them a few more listen and I'll see after that.

In the meanwhile I'm also going to listen again to
Deep Trance (no intro)
Deep Trance (Trigger Deepening)
Deep Trance Induction

The deep trance still feels the most successful for me so far.
Nwbie

Postby CtrlAltMe » July 2nd, 2016, 12:58 pm

yes, i second the 'scratch the itch, and take a few deep breaths to get back into it' suggestion.. thats how to deal with itches in trance for sure..

as for other common distractions, there are tricks you can use..
for example, if theres a car outside making a lot of noise.. or a neighbors dog, or something.. you can say in your mind as your trying to trance something along the lines of "whenever i hear ___ during this trance i will find myself drifting deeper and deeper"
you sould tweak that so it works best for you, of course, but the premise is that you take the distraction, and turn it into a deepener.. so that if you cant make it go away, atleast you can use it to your advantage.
CtrlAltMe

Postby ocntrl » August 2nd, 2017, 12:13 am

I'm happy to hear my files have helped you already to achieve trance to a level you know you are in trance.

And although trance, getting there and the experience of trance is different for everyone, you may find some useful pointers in my file 'how to listen to a file'.

If you have not listened to that one yet, I suggest you do because I'm sure you'll pick up a thing or two.
Trance... everyone can do it.
List of my files: http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=FilesNewsys#eyJoT2Zmc2V0IjoiMCIsInR4dFNlYXJjaCI6IiIsInNlbEF1dGhvcnMiOlsiNDM2NzUiXX0=
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis