How do you guys feel about Superliminals and Mantras?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

How do you guys feel about Superliminals and Mantras?

Postby vintymint » July 11th, 2017, 9:02 pm

It's personally my favorite way, with hypnosis being second. I see a lot of discussion on hypnosis and subliminals but superliminals seem to not be such a hot topic. Do you guys think it's more/less effective than other methods and can you share some of your successes or failures using this method.
vintymint

Re: How do you guys feel about Superliminals and Mantras?

Postby Feverdream » July 27th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Mantras definitely get stuck in my head. And I really like supraliminal suggestions.

I personally love files with lots of layers. I like the idea of being tricked or otherwise subverted. I like the idea of dense, multi channel supraliminal programming. Whether it works this way or not, I tell myself that while I'm trying to pay attention to all that is going on, while I'm trying to notice what the voices are saying, that is just one more way to keep my conscious mind occupied so that the real programming, which may or may not closely match the supraliminal / mantra / etc can worm its way into my subconscious.

Like, that is a really hot thought.

I think a lot of the reason that you hear so much about subliminals is that a lot of the time, what people call subliminals are actually superliminals. I'm guilty of using the wrong term, myself. True subliminals, by definition, can't really be consciously perceived.

The most wicked are those suggestions that are somewhere in between. When you can *almost* but not quite make out what they are saying. You know they are there. You know that they are insidious, because you know you are hearing them even if your conscious mind can't quite work out what they are saying, and being able to have your imagination, your inner hypnotist as Jack Drago puts it, fill in the gaps is a really powerful phenomenon. Because what your think you hear might be even more closely tailored to your particular fetish than what the hypnotist actually said, and so the improved congruence can make it hit you that much harder.

Some of the most effective files I've ever used have exploited that technique. Sadly, it is hard to do well, especially if one is not willing to dedicate a lot of time and sound editing skill to produce such a file. I don't have the time to make my files have those kinds of fluffy layers... maybe in the future, though.
Feverdream
Regular
Regular

Postby JackDrago » August 3rd, 2017, 5:35 pm

I personally have found that a barely perceptible supraliminal is more effective for most subjects than a true subliminal that can't actually be heard. I have experimented with audio levels for the side tracks, and -32db outperformed -40db
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby Feverdream » August 4th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Agreed, JackDrago. Your files hit me hard with those barely perceptible bits. They make me listen SO carefully!!
Feverdream
Regular
Regular

Postby twitchell » December 14th, 2017, 3:34 pm

I think may have been conditioned with a Subliminal, that is if I'm thinking of it in a correct term, A set phrase just seems to trigger me into a feeling of un-satisfaction or restlessness and it remains with me unto I do whatever it is I'm told to do. Even after all this time of not listening to files I just seem to get drawn in my certain words that just take be back in time to when I simply could not resist sugestion.

Is I possible a keyword of phrase has been implanted in my mind ?
Twitchell.
twitchell
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis