The authenticity of changes brought on by hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

The authenticity of changes brought on by hypnosis

Postby thomas432 » September 7th, 2018, 3:22 pm

So like, it's fairly popular for people to try and change their sexuality on this website. This has lead me to wonder if you can take a step further and hypnotize yourself to be attracted to a specific person, etc. Whether someone can be hypnotized to be do things against their will is debatable, but regardless, would such changes be considered natural/authentic?
thomas432

Re: The authenticity of changes brought on by hypnosis

Postby zapnosis » September 7th, 2018, 5:52 pm

Hi Thomas

Interesting question, thank you!

Many dominants have tried similar things with "love and addiction" sessions. Immediate results can be strong but in the long term I believe it's more complicated.

My own judgement, I would say it's more likely if the person to be attracted to has a strong character trait in the subject's mind. In other words, it's more likely someone will be attracted to an unusual (or unique) part of a person's character rather than the person themselves. But that's just my own opinion and I have very little experience with this.

Good luck
Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby thomas432 » October 12th, 2018, 9:13 am

zapnosis wrote:Hi Thomas

Interesting question, thank you!

Many dominants have tried similar things with "love and addiction" sessions. Immediate results can be strong but in the long term I believe it's more complicated.

My own judgement, I would say it's more likely if the person to be attracted to has a strong character trait in the subject's mind. In other words, it's more likely someone will be attracted to an unusual (or unique) part of a person's character rather than the person themselves. But that's just my own opinion and I have very little experience with this.

Good luck
Z

I mean, physical attraction can grow from the person having a good personality, so it wouldn't necessarily be based on a lie.
thomas432

Postby JackDrago » October 12th, 2018, 3:37 pm

If you want to be attracted to a particular person, the hypnotists first question would be "what's stopping you?" The subject in this case already has a desire, so if they're not acting on it then there's a reason.

Discover and resolve the underlying reason and the existing desire will naturally become attraction.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby stan » October 13th, 2018, 10:04 am

If you take the maxim "all hypnosis is self-hypnosis" and "you can't be made to do something against your will"

Then consider to the person receiving the conditioning/brainwashing perhaps there is no perceptible change from within but maybe a realization over longer periods of time after a certain action that there has been change but that's now so normal it must be OK.

Lust at first sight may be physical and sexy.
If that's the attraction you mean.

But love? That takes work and effort and you don't even have to like someone very much right now to still love them.
If you're already working at it, give redeemable qualities I suspect that creating 'love' for a specific individual wouldn't be too hard.
stan
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis