Deeper trances and PEMF devices

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Deeper trances and PEMF devices

Postby zapnosis » May 12th, 2019, 6:31 am

Greetings fellow hypnosis aficionados!

I am always searching for deeper and longer trances. After about 15 years of writing my own files, playing with words and brainwave beats, I have found some techniques that work well for me. Now I've started looking at other ways to deepen my trances. I have looked at ingestible sleep aids, but there is very little available legally here in the UK. I've ruled out illegal sources because of safety concerns and because at this stage in my life I don't have those kind of contacts. In any case I'm more at home with technology than substances.

Searching around I have heard about PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field) devices. These are primarily sold as pain relief devices but I understand they can also be used to affect brainwave frequencies... or make you more attractive, charge you with positive energy or possibly make you fly. I try to keep an open mind these days but there is clearly a certain amount of snake oil out there. However, there is some logic to using electromagnetic fields to affect brainwave frequencies and trance is all about lowering your brainwave frequencies. I mean it's more than possible that this could actually work, so I'm very interested. But this is where the problems begin.

PEMF devices usually sell for hundreds at least and, as mentioned, are usually marketed as pain relief devices making it very difficult to work out which would be best for trancing. Most of the "reviews" you will find online are clearly adverts in disguise as each device in turn is praised to the skies for being the solution to all your problems. There are some which are marketed as meditation devices, but they all seem to have preset modes that don't allow for much experimenting and I'm hesitant to spend a month's pay on a device that might not do what I want it to. Very well, I decided, I'll make my own PEMF device. The technology isn't all that and my science-ness is fairly good. It might take a couple of years, but it would be worth it. However, when I manage to find some reliable-looking academic material on how electromagnetic fields affect the brain I discover that if the field is powerful enough, it can do permanent damage to the neural pathways. In other words, if you put the decimal point in the wrong place, you can fry your brain to a crisp. Perhaps I should leave this to the experts, yeah?

So, I need help. Has anyone out there tried using PEMF devices for trancing? Or perhaps does someone know anything which could help me explore this technology safely?
I'd be grateful for any advice you can give. Please do PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
Cheerzen
Z
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Deeper trances and PEMF devices

Postby JackDrago » May 13th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Electromagnetic stimulation has been shown in scientific studies to produce trance without induction when done to exactly the right spot on the brain at exactly the right time. Unfortunately, the exact details are almost always paywalled by scientific paper sites so I can't provide them. Existing consumer devices are mostly expensive snake oil; but in theory a PEMF device should be insanely easy to build: it's just a powerful electromagnet with a circuit so that it can be made to produce a short pulse. The tricky part is finding the exact right spots to stimulate but once you knew them you could simply build the magnets into a helmet so they were reliably over the right places.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » May 14th, 2019, 8:55 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, in theory very easy to build. It's been a couple of decades since I studied physics, but if I remember correctly all you need to do to generate an electromagnetic field is get a coil of wire and run a current through it. Making it pulse might take some reading up, but I reckon I can do it. It's just the safety concerns that put me off.

If you have any links to those paywalls, I can probably afford to knock down one or two of them.
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jackstock » May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Is this the same thing as those devices used for electro-stimulation?
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » May 16th, 2019, 10:16 am

As I understand it, e-stims actually pass a current through the skin. Electromagnetic waves are like the field around a magnet, they are invisible and don't require contact.

Z
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » May 16th, 2019, 10:29 am

OK so apparently you can buy a TMS machine (kind of what I'm looking for) for $20,000. No problem. Now all I need is 20 grand.

Sheesh I'm in the wrong business...

Z
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis