FYI: Alert for malware on ViVe's website

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

FYI: Alert for malware on ViVe's website

Postby The_Fabled_Aesop » January 30th, 2020, 6:11 pm

My antivirus software (Avast) is alerting to the alleged presence of the Trojan worm HTML:Script-inf on ViVe's new website, and blocking access to the site. It's not on the old version of his website, which can still be pulled up and which I frankly liked better than his current version, but any attempt to use a link on the old pages kicks the user over to the new website which Avast blocks.

Script-inf is designed to take control of Windows systems. Not a problem for me because I use a Unix-based system, but probably a problem for the majority of WMM users.

Not sure if it's actually infected, but it's the only website that Avast has alerted on since installing it, and only did this today.

I've tried to PM him on this message board to let him know, but I have no idea if he checks those.

Meanwhile, browse warily.
The_Fabled_Aesop

Re: FYI: Alert for malware on ViVe's website

Postby outkast1728 » January 31st, 2020, 4:41 am

Its been revealed recently that Avast is the actual malware program selling user data to third party companies., get rid of it
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby The_Fabled_Aesop » January 31st, 2020, 8:44 am

outkast1728 wrote:Its been revealed recently that Avast is the actual malware program selling user data to third party companies., get rid of it

I had not seen this before. Thank you.
The_Fabled_Aesop

Postby bananashake2 » February 10th, 2020, 5:59 am

What I noticed is that very rarely I'm redirected by vive's new page to some advertisment, but otherwise nothing.
bananashake2

Postby ViVe » June 13th, 2020, 12:26 am

So... i take it after trying to paint me as dangerous and unsymbiotic and it didn't fly viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15143

This is the new attempt? Some magic virus - with the clever implication that your virus scanner isn't able to find it. But it's there, trust me. And it's dangerous!

Really?
ViVe
Regular
Regular

Postby bananashake2 » June 19th, 2020, 2:20 am

ViVe wrote:So... i take it after trying to paint me as dangerous and unsymbiotic and it didn't fly viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15143

This is the new attempt? Some magic virus - with the clever implication that your virus scanner isn't able to find it. But it's there, trust me. And it's dangerous!

Really?

Well, that forum account exists since 2011 while the other one posted on he same day of account creation.
bananashake2

Postby The_Fabled_Aesop » June 23rd, 2020, 11:21 pm

ViVe wrote:So... i take it after trying to paint me as dangerous and unsymbiotic and it didn't fly https://www.warpmymind.com/phpbb/viewto ... =3&t=15143

Really?

Really.

My virus scanner did find malware, and it prevent your newer version of your website from loading as a result. I had nothing to do with that earlier thing; I remember that, and it was ridiculous.

I don't want any heat with you. It was just a thing that happened, and since most people don't want malware on their computers I thought it was worth letting people know.
The_Fabled_Aesop

Return to General Hypnosis