Advice for someone with issues going under

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Advice for someone with issues going under

Postby canispetros » December 17th, 2021, 7:56 am

Hello all! I'm hoping to get some guidance/advice.

I've always seemed to have issues going under. My thoughts always seem to scatter and race frantically everytime I close my eyes. They bounce from daily things to random thoughts and to asking myself repeatedly/analyzing in my head if i feel different/playing out in my head what may happen, then back to the random intrusive thoughts. I have issues with visualizing scenes in my head as well.

I started ADHD medication and it seems to be helping to an extent so I'm hoping maybe that may help (?). It has been literal years since I looked into hypnosis. There's a lot I want to do/accomplish and I've been fantasizing about going under for a LONG time! I just got discouraged I suppose.

I've had very limited success the few live sessions i've had. I was able to vizualize some if the scene the hypnotist played out. I remember another time LONG ago that it felt like I went under... But, my head started overanalyzing again.

If anyone has any advice or guidance/reccommendations/etc please feel free to bug me! <3 I'm really eager to try to make this work
canispetros

Re: Advice for someone with issues going under

Postby Shadowsheep » December 23rd, 2021, 9:34 pm

I have had issues with over analyzing as well. What I did and currently do is actually try to not actively visualize.

I focus solely on the hypnotist voice and words. How deep or high it is, what do the words sound like, what are the words. Things like this to distract and focus my over active mind. This helps me as the visualizations kind of just start to appear. I am not forcing it. It is more like daydreaming. I think familiarity with a file will help with this as well. Usually a file that I have just started it takes a few times of listening to get the understanding of the file, then my mind can start to do the work while I listen to the hypnotists voice.

This is also a skill and does take time to get better at. Keep trying.

Hopefully this help! Good luck
Shadowsheep

Re: Advice for someone with issues going under

Postby canispetros » December 31st, 2021, 10:23 pm

Shadowsheep wrote:I have had issues with over analyzing as well. What I did and currently do is actually try to not actively visualize.

I focus solely on the hypnotist voice and words. How deep or high it is, what do the words sound like, what are the words. Things like this to distract and focus my over active mind. This helps me as the visualizations kind of just start to appear. I am not forcing it. It is more like daydreaming. I think familiarity with a file will help with this as well. Usually a file that I have just started it takes a few times of listening to get the understanding of the file, then my mind can start to do the work while I listen to the hypnotists voice.

This is also a skill and does take time to get better at. Keep trying.

Hopefully this help! Good luck

Thanks so much <3! I'm trying not to get discouraged this time. I tried the "Bubble Induction" and it felt like I wanted to go under but those issues came up. I'll definitely have to try your advice! Outside of the overanalyzing/racing thoughts I tend to tense up i.e. my neck, arms) as I go under, maybe this'll help with that as well.

Thanks again, woof! <3
canispetros

Return to General Hypnosis