Trigger Class Level

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Trigger Class Level

Postby otmen » January 28th, 2022, 4:46 pm

I have noticed a common pattern among many of the files which use both temporary, cursed, and permanent triggers. That pattern is the lack of saying exactly what those triggers are and how they work. Now I'm all for surprise triggers, don't get me wrong. After all, triggers that you don't know are much harder to resist or know that you are even doing something. The problem is that people worried about where the trigger is being used will most likely not listen to those files even if they are generally safe triggers only used in your house or in private. That's exactly why a standard of classification needs to be set. If we want to be descriptive with this while retaining the shortest code possible, having a letter and a number will allow us to talk about 2 categories at once and make sense to the listener/viewer. Let's make the letters designate how private a trigger will be.

A can be general public triggers,
B can be semi-public triggers (when safe),
C can be general internet triggers,
D can be semi-internet triggers (DM/PM, Skype, etc.),
E can be general private triggers (at home around people, at someone else's house, in a group of trusted people),
F can be semi-private triggers (very close friends/significant others), and
G can be private triggers (strictly alone, the safest option available hence the G)

For the number part of the code, I was thinking that this could describe how extreme the effects are considering some file are purposely a mystery. Now those files can always opt to not list this; but, I think that in terms of how many people would download it, this would boost those numbers and be beneficial to a majority of those files. The scale would be 1-10 and follow these rules:

1 has no sexual, religious, violence, fowl language, or otherwise distasteful content
3 has some sort of odd, off-putting, or religious reference
5 geared for adult themes and concepts such as fetishes, arousal, submission, and other 18+ content
7 fowl language, socially unacceptable practices such as masturbation or use of sex toys (in public, if it has this at all then it is considered 7 because in public it is not acceptable even if in private it is perfectly acceptable).
9 violent, very distasteful, or unacceptable practice (forced peeing in pants for example)
10 extremely violent, traumatic, or otherwise psychologically scaring (being trapped in a box for days, degrading, and extreme changes in behavior.)

I purposefully left numbers out to give people some leniency with the rating. Obviously not every single file will follow these rules exactly and having some leeway will allow the files to have a specific thing that does not strictly fall into, for example, 1 or 3. something like transformation might be off-putting to some depending on what it is, but most of the time these should fall into 1 or 2 and in some cases 3. Transformation can fall anywhere on here though, so I wouldn't say that any of these numbers are really a rule for having transformations. The best way to follow them is to just be aware of the kind of content you are created, your target audience, and how other people view the specific file in your creation process. So say that you have a simple brony transformation where you are just transforming into a my little pony and only in private. This would have a class of G1 and thus have the largest reach of people in terms of safeties. Now lets say a trigger makes you sit on a dildo in public on display for a long time, this would make the file an A10 which is the most extreme file you could possibly have. Describing why you give it a certain class is a good idea too. People want to know why it falls into a 10 or a 5, but that wouldn't be strictly necessary if the effects were a surprise. I would just put, "Trigger Class of: __" at the bottom of your file and obviously fill in what class it is. This would be a lot better than what we have now which is nothing. Anyway, tell me what you think. Will you use this on your next file?
otmen

Re: Trigger Class Level

Postby ViralVixen » January 29th, 2022, 12:53 am

I find it fascinating that you consider peeing your pants to be two levels worse than using a sex toy in a public place.
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Re: Trigger Class Level

Postby otmen » January 30th, 2022, 2:26 am

ViralVixen wrote:I find it fascinating that you consider peeing your pants to be two levels worse than using a sex toy in a public place.

Well it’s not necessarily about just peeing in your pants. It’s the fact that you are being forced to do so. I was also referring to use of toys as being socially unacceptable in public but the actual number just denotes it in general rather than public/private. I was trying to use reasoning behind it so that when people ask why I did it that way I could point to the effects being extreme in public but not in private. Every letter up and every number up adds more backlash for a regular person. So while masturbation in public is worse that forced peeing in private, that is shown in the code. I think that peeing your pants in more private settings can have a worse effect than masturbation in private, not to say this would ever change as you become more public. Yeah, masturbating in public is more extreme than forced peeing in public. But most of the files are not going to have general public masturbation and I thought that even if it’s semi-public, which is still rare, then peeing in a semi-public setting is still arguably worse than masturbating in a semi-public setting. I mean you can hide masturbation in semi-public, but you can’t really hide your wet pants since you are bound to walk across more people. So that’s playing more on humiliation which is more psychologically damaging than masturbation in a non-public setting. Again, this is about regular people comparing each setting between masturbation and peeing their pants. Most people, in my opinion, would choose masturbation before they chose peeing their pants for a majority of the settings.
otmen

Return to General Hypnosis