Falling asleep

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Falling asleep

Postby jchoseguy00 » February 1st, 2023, 10:46 pm

I'm new to hypnosis. I've been listening before I go bed at night. I lay on my bed to be as relaxed as possible and start the recording. I fall asleep during the initial part of the recording and wake up when it's almost done.

Is that what is supposed to happen? Or am I supposed to stay awake to hear the recording?

Thanks.
jchoseguy00

Re: Falling asleep

Postby Glasnerven » February 24th, 2023, 11:59 pm

If you fall asleep part way through and wake up during the awakener, you might be getting disturbed from sleep by a shift in tone or rhythm in the file.

Or you might be waking up because you're hypnotized and you're being told to wake up. ;)

I've had a few times when it seems like I fell asleep during the file, and I wake up suddenly, remember that I just heard, "Five! Fully awake!"
I'm also Glasnerven on Skype, Yahoo, and various IRC chatrooms
Glasnerven
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Falling asleep

Postby lauraparidae » February 27th, 2023, 6:54 am

Thing is, if there are no observable other effects besides falling asleep and waking up at the end, I'm not sure the hypnosis is doing whatever it is supposed to, even if it is making you fall under.

This does happen to me, but I often listen to hypnosis when I'm already very tired and pretty much the same thing can happen while watching Youtube or TV when I'm that tired.
lauraparidae
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis