New Induction Available

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Postby Blink » October 11th, 2006, 10:37 am

odlid wrote:Excuse my newbieness, but...
Am I right in thinking the script is a mix of NLP and "standard" hypnotism?

Sorta. :)

NLP was built primarily on the work of Milton Erickson, Gegory Bateson and Virginia Satir, according to it's founders, Richard Bandler and John Grinder. I've been interested in NLP for a number of years and have used some of the techniques to good effect. If you're recognizing elements from NLP in the recording, then I hope you agree.

I've gone back and looked at the Ericksonian source material. Much (most?) of the hypnosis-derived portion of NLP comes from Erickson's work. (There remains some bad blood there. Dr. Erickson is noted to have referred to the NLP founders as Bandit and Swindler.)

Dr. Erickson's work was very experimental. There are articles both by him and quoting him tourching on topics as broad-ranging as the use of alcoholic beverages to bring on trance to the use of classical induction techniques such as eye-fixation and crystal ball gazing. If it existed, Erickson tried it. If it worked, he used it.

I guess that makes the short answer to your question: "I robbed Dr. Erickson, too."

odlid wrote:Thanks!

Glad to help. I love what I do.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby odlid » October 11th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Blink wrote:
I've gone back and looked at the Ericksonian source material. Much (most?) of the hypnosis-derived portion of NLP comes from Erickson's work. (There remains some bad blood there. Dr. Erickson is noted to have referred to the NLP founders as Bandit and Swindler.)
<snip>
Glad to help. I love what I do.

Thanks for the pointers. (Damn, I knew I recognised Milton from somewhere!!! I just never made the connection.) It's given me plenty of leads on a method I'm far more comfortable with than "direct" hypnosis. And yes, it seems your own studies have paid off very well!

Best wishes,

O.
odlid

Take Blink to School

Postby Blink » October 14th, 2006, 7:31 am

:D

I knew you were out there.

Nine ratings and I held a perfect five-point-oh. Eleven ratings and I'm in the low four-point-somethings.

If the folks who really didn't like the recording could tell me what was wrong with it, I'd really appreciate it. I love compliments and really do thrive on them, but I rarely learn anything new from them. Gimme a panel of nit-picking haters any day. :wink:

Please post a message on this thread or send me a PM. Thanks to anyone with constructive criticism.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Re: New Induction Available

Postby daved » September 26th, 2022, 11:58 am

You still out there, B? For me, most of the induction files are a means for me to engage a fantasy kink, without any real effect (except a very positive erotic reaction). But...one experience still lingers in my mind. It involved your experimental file with the "house of the rising sun" reference. That one file in one instance seems to have really taken me down, impacted me, and left me waking recalling an intense experience. Funny how something like that stays with you. Anyway, thank you.
daved

Previous

Return to General Hypnosis