can you "set off" yourself accidentally?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

can you "set off" yourself accidentally?

Postby hexagon77 » January 31st, 2007, 11:35 pm

If you write up triggers for others, and also have the same triggers yourself, can you "set off" or program yourself with them accidentally?

Like if you write up the commands/suggestions, and when you are done you reread them to check if you made errors or other stuff you may need to correct, could you "program" yourself like that?

Or maybe if you reopen that sent email some time later to read what you have sent to your friend, and read it again then, may those commands effect yourself then?
hexagon77
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » February 1st, 2007, 10:55 am

I'm guessing this is the e-mail slave dealie. I'm not sure about the answer, but maybe you can play it safe by saying at the start of the e-mail that the commands presented are reciever of the e-mail only. Since you're the sender and not the reciever, you wouldn't be "allowed" to follow your own orders.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Re: can you "set off" yourself accidentally?

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 5th, 2007, 1:38 pm

hexagon77 wrote:If you write up triggers for others, and also have the same triggers yourself, can you "set off" or program yourself with them accidentally?

Like if you write up the commands/suggestions, and when you are done you reread them to check if you made errors or other stuff you may need to correct, could you "program" yourself like that?

Or maybe if you reopen that sent email some time later to read what you have sent to your friend, and read it again then, may those commands affect yourself then?

Wie gehts, hexagon77!

Thanks for posting a great question. This response is based on experience - what I've felt/observed. I don't have educational background to speak as authority.

Before responding, I'm reminding you that I'm both a subject (90%) and non-clinical hypnotist (10%).

Yes, as a subject I have one trigger that initiates hypnotic trance when I view it as text (100% certainty). As opinion, I believe suggestions I read while in trance affect me. More than that, I believe a suggestion affects me more strongly each time I reread it.

I use two safeguards when writing a script or recording an MP3 that uses the trigger that affects me...

1) When composing the script, I write an abbreviation rather than spelling-out the trigger. This reduces the chance my subconscious will respond at an unplanned and unexpected moment.

2) When composing a script or recording an MP3 that includes my trigger, the only hypnotic suggestions I give are ones I want to affect me.
New topic... I already thanked you for letting me test an eMail script you had written. Now that I have an opportunity to thank you publicly, I'm going to seize the moment. Thanks very much for letting me be one of the first to test the Magic Sand script.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby hexagon77 » February 5th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Ok, thats what i thought. So better look for different triggers than ;), or maybe try out some other things.. like writing up the thing completely and adding in the triggers last, maybe this could be working too.

And thank you for your kind words about my first try for creating an own script. Still think it could use some more tweaks here and there, but your hints were greatly appreciated.
hexagon77
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis