Hypnosis And Salvia?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis And Salvia?

Postby RaGeX » April 3rd, 2007, 5:23 pm

I Have Found A Legal Drug (Salvia). If Taken In Extremely Small Portions It Can Make It Easier To Clear Your Mind Of All Thoughts And Puts You Into A Near Trance-Like State. I Am Wondering If Taking This Is A Good Idea Right Before Listenning To One Of The Files Because A Year Or So Ago I Read That I Should Do Drugs Or Drink Before Hypnosis. Do You Think It's A Good Idea To Do This Drug Right Before Hynosis???
RaGeX

Postby joe » April 3rd, 2007, 10:49 pm

no.

salvia, though it only lasts for a short period, has really strange & disassociative effects. it varies from person to person, but based on my previous experience, i would not combine the two.
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby abunidal » April 4th, 2007, 9:44 am

Speaking of salvia, it depends very much on how you consume it. Chewing salvia, e.g. would produce an effect that could last very well for the duration of a hypnosis file. As it's the subtle effects of salvia you wish to get, that's probably the way to go.

As for psychedlic drugs in general most people here will probably tell you to abstain. Personally, I've always found it very hard to concentrate while tripping. On the other hand, very simple things, too may profoundly catch your attention...

I suggest you simply try out and report us your findings :twisted:
abunidal

Postby aviant » April 6th, 2007, 1:37 am

Speaking of salvia, it is a whole genus of plants, that have different effects. You are most probably refering to salvia divinorum, the diviner's sage. I've read that moderate dozes might induce trance-like states, but although it is a well known plant, there are not many studies on the long term effects of its use. There are no side effects yet, but noone can tell you it is completely harmless.
aviant
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » April 8th, 2007, 12:47 pm

In spite of what the previous poster wrote, I can tell you that it's completely harmless. It's possible that it just may be an incorrect statement.

I personally say: try it. If it doesn't work, stop. The only problem with salvia is the duration of the effect. It's rather short-lived depending on how much you take into your system.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby aviant » April 8th, 2007, 10:58 pm

You can tell it is completely harmless, but on the basis of what? We know that nothing bad happens from few trips, but has someone conducted a research on long-term regular use? We might suppose it is harmless too, but we don't have a proof for this.
aviant
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » April 9th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Hmm... How many trips would it take to convince you that it's safe? My personal experience, and the experience of a number of people that I know tells me that(so far) it's safe enough with the application of a considerate conscious intent.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby aviant » April 10th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Honestly - it will take a well conducted medical research. Simply because even seemingly harmless sunbstance can cause a big problem under certain circumstances, like prolonged use, combination with other drugs and so on...
aviant
Regular
Regular

Postby abunidal » April 12th, 2007, 1:37 pm

If you're worried so much about something reasonably safe I'd suggest you stay at home not leaving the bed. Life simply IS dangerous in many respects, you might get hurt stepping out of your door...

Everyone else interested in salvia divinorum - have a look at what erowid.org has to say: http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml
abunidal

Postby cardigan » April 12th, 2007, 10:51 pm

I think it might be useful to remember the definition of hypnosis. It is a hightened state of concentration. You relax the body in order to concentrate so powerfully, that the normal conscious lets go and the subconscious surfaces. Because of this - in my opinion any drugs that work in an anaesthetic fashion and make both the mind and body relax are of no use to further the proces of hypnosis!

A drug that would allow the body (and only that) to relax while higtening one's ability to concentrate could possibly be used for hypnosis. I don't know.

But like several have said in this forum: if anybody wants to do drugs, then they can test these things for us. But we need to remember that individuals who report certain results with certain drugs might not be a conclusive way of testing. One would need double-blind tests for that.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby aviant » April 12th, 2007, 11:36 pm

Abunidal, aspirin is safe. Now try taking aspirin, while having chicken pox and you might end up dead. Simply put - one should know what he takes.

The site, by the way is nice, the article about Salvinorin A was quite informative ( http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_info3.shtml )

But we need to remember that individuals who report certain results with certain drugs might not be a conclusive way of testing. One would need double-blind tests for that.

Ah, it is nice to read something like this early in the morning.
aviant
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis