How to persuade gf into trying hypnosis files?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

How to persuade gf into trying hypnosis files?

Postby SPfreely » April 20th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Hi... I'm kinda new to this site and is interested about hypnosis... I was wondering if there are any ways to persuade my gf into getting hypnotised by me? We've been going out for years... but she is not interested in hypnosis. Me on the other hand is a psychology grad student, but only know what to do in theory. So I'm thinking of letting her listen to the files, but I don't know how to persuade her.
SPfreely

Postby whatthe75 » April 21st, 2007, 3:17 am

Maybe learning the NLP persuasion techniques might help.

Maybe finding out why she doesn't want to would be the first thing i would ask.

If that fails maybe learn the indirect methods of hypnosis,and be sneaky.

Why not though hypnotise yourself first so that she feels more comfortable with it knowing you have done it.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby ShadowSabre » April 21st, 2007, 7:42 pm

First of all, Do Not Trick Her. It's unethical.

Is she actively opposed to hypnosis, or just not particularly interested? If she's just uninterested and you learn how to do it, she might try it on a lark, especially if you offer to do something she likes but you don't care for in return. Start slow; I'd say to just do an induction and wakening. After that, if she liked it you can continue. If not... well, sorry.
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby SPfreely » April 21st, 2007, 9:50 pm

She's just uninterested... I think she's also worry that I'm going to do something weird to her while she is in trance... maybe I will just start slow...
SPfreely

Postby whatthe75 » April 22nd, 2007, 5:27 am

Well the first thing she needs to know and you need to tell her is that you cannot make her do anything she doesn't want to.

And against popular belief the person being hypnotised has more control in hypnosis then when in a normal state.

WHat exactly do u want to try though if you do hypnotise your gf. Is it just for practice or are there things u want her to do?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » April 22nd, 2007, 8:29 am

SPfreely wrote:She's just uninterested... I think she's also worry that I'm going to do something weird to her while she is in trance... maybe I will just start slow...

Find out, specifically, what it would take in order for her to really want to go in to trance. This means that you need to have an actual conversation with her.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby SPfreely » April 22nd, 2007, 12:34 pm

first of all, I would like to thank everyone that offered their help and suggestions so far... really thankful for that... as for what I want...I'm not really sure what I want to do when she is under hypnosis... I think so far is just to see if she can be hypnotise...and eventually have a post-hypnotic suggestion of "sleep"... actually last nite I talked to her a bit about it... just casually... and she said that she thinks it's kinda weird to be hypnotise... maybe somehow I'll have a serious talk with her about the state of being hypnotise... and the whole control issue and her worries about hypnosis like what you guys said...
SPfreely

Postby gregi696 » April 22nd, 2007, 3:02 pm

I've done hypnosis with my gf before and control was a big issue for her as well. Here are some things that helped. I had to know what I wanted to do and had to tell her what I was going to do.
A big help was having a script, they are available on this site if you have a premium membership. This way she can read for herslef exactly what is going to happen and that will help her anxiety.
Third, if she does let you hypnotize her, don't tell her she won't remember, instead tell that she will and when she wakes up and remembers everything about it, she will feel better about letting you do it again. Good luck and have fun!
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kharon » May 5th, 2007, 2:14 am

Honesty is crucial, especially if this is an important person to you. Hypnosis relies on rapport between the hypnotist and subject, and if they discover you have been lying to them about your plans, they may stop listening to you. Tell them beforehand exactly what you plan to do, and even while in trance, do not be afraid to remind them and continue asking them if it's okay. Make sure they have a way to let you know if they want to stop as well.

Having a script prepared can be a huge help, as they can look over and revise segments to what they like. Whether you get a script from the internet, or prepare one on your own, let your subject review the contents if you have any uncertainty about how much they will enjoy it. All of my significant scripts are reviewed by at least one of my subjects before I ever use it (outside of live testing, where the review is followed by a test).

And do not make her forget, unless she agrees to posthypnotic amnesia. Posthypnotic amnesia can be very kinky and fun, especially in hypno-slavery, but it must be within boundaries she enjoys, and you must respect all such boundaries. As an alternative to saying she will remember, try putting her memory or amnesia regarding the trance into her own hands, by saying she will choose what to remember and forget as she leaves the trance, but that if she forgets anything, she will remember that she made the choice to forget something.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby hexagon77 » May 5th, 2007, 3:20 am

Well sometimes people seem to want to forget what is or was happening. Just yesterday i hypnotized someone on request online. Even after giving the suggestion to remember everything, the feelings, how it was to go deeper, what we experienced and how and what we have done, there was absolutely no memory afterwards. Even when i gave hints on what we did, and asked specific questions about it, all memory way gone. So sometimes it seems people want to forget, even if you give the opposite suggestion. And it was not the first time this happened, almost as if they feel better not knowing what happend and can leave it in the "dark" and to their "oder side" what happened.
I usually always give the remember suggestions, first it is better for the trust... and second it is better for the lazyness, as you don't have to explain what happened or what you did during the session. And yet many still "decide" to forget the details, what happened. So despite the used suggestion, many seem to prefer to forget.

So i'd say use always the full open way, using remember suggestions whereever you can. I usually also try to explain what i am about to do before i start the session, what i had in mind to go for or try out. This "open cards" way has always been a winner for me, can't do much wrong with it :).
hexagon77
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis