Everyone's Favourite Newbie Topic! (Trances!)

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Everyone's Favourite Newbie Topic! (Trances!)

Postby arekusu » April 26th, 2007, 6:46 pm

So I have been interested in hypnosis for quite some time, but I was afraid to use it. Eventually, I listened to an induction file and I got over my fear. Trouble is, I can't get into a very good trance. I feel very heavy and sleepy when I have listened to inductions, and to my understanding, that is a light trance. How can I deepen it?

Another problem is that I am not very susceptible to suggestions. I tried the itchy foot file today, and I went into a light trance I guess, but I didn't get an itchy foot! I was disappointed.

One more thing. The file I like most to get inducted is Deep Trance by Cardigan. I have been listening to 3 suggestible files: Suggestible, SuggestibleTranceTrigger, and Cardigan's Suggestible.

Any suggestions?

(Thanks for any help!!)
arekusu

Postby Jack » April 26th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Light trances aren't generally useful(sometimes they can be) for most hypnotic suggestions. Listen to a deepener. Search the files for "deepen"(without the quotation marks obviously).
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » April 26th, 2007, 11:21 pm

It is quite unusual for a person new to hypnosis to go deep stright away.

The more you continue to use hypnosis the more you will be able to go deeper.

Practise makes perfect
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby arekusu » April 27th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I just listened to Bink's introduction, and I think I did something.I went deeper than before. I opened my eyes listening to a curse file, and I still felt really heavy and tingly. Opening my eyes made me feel even tinglier. I promptly closed my eyes, cuz I didn't want to screw up the curse file. Trouble is, I feel REALLY heavy right now. I tried waking my self up from trance using cardigan's method, but its not working. I feel really heavy and tired.. Is this a trance I am experiencing right now, feeling heavy? Is there a way out of it?
arekusu

Postby Draygone » April 28th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Just how long does it take before one achieves a "deep trance"? I've been doing this since December, and as far as I know I haven't really gone that deep. I know sometimes I wobble in and out of a dream state, start dreaming a little only to suddenly wake up and realize I just missed part of the file. A few times the state lasted until (or a few seconds before) the wakeup count, or after the file ended as I realized that nobody was talking anymore. Is that a deep trance, or am I simply falling asleep?
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » April 28th, 2007, 6:02 pm

If you wake up when the file tells you to , then yes it sounds like your getting deeper.

If you start dreaming during the body of the file and cant remember as much as before then that is a good sign your getting deeper.

When you go very deep, you pretty much cant remember any of the file and just remember starting the file and waking up at the end.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Draygone » April 28th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Wouldn't you be unable to remember the file if you're falling asleep, too? In either case, it's too bad I usually wobble in and out, and the body usually gets started before I get into the dream-trance state.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » April 29th, 2007, 2:35 pm

arekusu wrote:I just listened to Bink's introduction, and I think I did something. I went deeper than before.
Another satisfied customer. :)

arekusu wrote:I opened my eyes listening to a curse file, and I still felt really heavy and tingly. Opening my eyes made me feel even tinglier. I promptly closed my eyes, cuz I didn't want to screw up the curse file. Trouble is, I feel REALLY heavy right now. I tried waking my self up from trance using cardigan's method, but its not working. I feel really heavy and tired.. Is this a trance I am experiencing right now, feeling heavy? Is there a way out of it?
If you're up and moving, you're coming out. Lots of people experience deep muscle relaxation following trance (and love it for just that reason). If you feel sluggish, that's probably why. It will pass with time.

If you're using my file to lead in to a playlist, then be sure that you put the wakener back at the end of your playlist. It's short and permissive, but it is important. Remember that whether you decide to go into a natural sleep or wake up, it is your choice. If you went to sleep, then I can promise you that you did wake up. If you decided to come directly out of trance, then you can understand that when the recording ends you're awake ALL OVER, now, aren't you?

Feel free to PM me if you have any trouble.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Not tranceing before the body of file

Postby Detestai » May 4th, 2007, 1:14 pm

If you need more time to achive trance then try putting an induction file before the hypnosis file also you can try to edit in a longer induction, I will be making a few of these and labeling them as Longer induction. After a few listens (varies from person to person) you should notice yourself entering trance easier and easier. Also trey and pick one file and stick with it for at least a week, and remeber only try files you actually want results for because you cant be made to do things you do not wish to do.
Detestai

Return to General Hypnosis