Hypnotically enhanced roleplay.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnotically enhanced roleplay.

Postby Kendai » June 10th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Does anyone have any experience with using hypnosis to enhance role playing?

Tell me what you think of this imagery i came up with for it:

The subject has a aet of shelves, it starts with a single empty jar.

The subjest is lead verbally through a "store" of sorts with many jars with "people" in them. the person in the jar is described to the subject, depending on the level of submission, the subject will choose jars they like, or will simply take the jars described to them. after picking up some new jars, the subjest is taken back to thier own shelves, and any new jars are placed on the shelves.

then, the subject is told to take deep breaths, and breathe themselves out. every deep breath blows more of them into the jar untill they are a blank slate, and thier "self" is contained in the jar.

then the subject opens one of the other jars and breathes in the new person, possibly with the description being re-enforced. Then either "becoming" that person upon awakening from trance, or playing through the role IN trance.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » June 10th, 2007, 3:44 pm

That sounds like a pretty interesting idea. Should work for anybody who can go under enough for imagrey trance to be effective.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kendai » June 26th, 2007, 9:43 am

i'm posting examples to see if more people think the imagery is good.

play in trance:
the subject breathes in the personality in the jar, and then the person and situation in the jar is repeated to them, except that it's being descibed as being the here and now. flowing seamlessly into the events you want the subject to experience. This is good for surrealisim you can't even begin to play out in real life. like maybe a sorceress who's looking eagerly at the tentacle creature she has in a cage.

Or, after breathing in the jar, a little plays out in trance, the character in the jar will have to fall asleep, and then the subject is told they will continue to be that person when they awaken from trance, and counted up. a good play for this is:

a reporter who's at the scene of a slave trade bust, the slave traders use gas to trick the cops and the reporter is caught in it as well. the subject should be tied up when coming out of trance so the roleplay can start immediately.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby PotHeadChick » June 26th, 2007, 3:31 pm

What I know about trance at Hypnotism wouldn't quite fill a shot glass yet (love new discoveries like this!) but the surrealism you have going on here appeals to me quite a lot. You could take this idea and do almost anything with it - from experimenting with it in role play to expressing it in almost any medium of art - writing, painting even a very whacked out graphic novel or comic.

Nothing really constructive to add to your ideas, sadly, just wanted to say "Great Idea"
PotHeadChick

Re: Hypnotically enhanced roleplay.

Postby Kharon » July 7th, 2007, 7:27 am

Kendai wrote:Does anyone have any experience with using hypnosis to enhance role playing?

Yes. I've taken my friend very deep, and we have regularly used it in our roleplaying. These days his character shifts are full personality changes excuted via a tool located within his mind...

Tell me what you think of this imagery i came up with for it:

The subject has a aet of shelves, it starts with a single empty jar.

The subjest is lead verbally through a "store" of sorts with many jars with "people" in them. the person in the jar is described to the subject, depending on the level of submission, the subject will choose jars they like, or will simply take the jars described to them. after picking up some new jars, the subjest is taken back to thier own shelves, and any new jars are placed on the shelves.

then, the subject is told to take deep breaths, and breathe themselves out. every deep breath blows more of them into the jar untill they are a blank slate, and thier "self" is contained in the jar.

then the subject opens one of the other jars and breathes in the new person, possibly with the description being re-enforced. Then either "becoming" that person upon awakening from trance, or playing through the role IN trance.

Basically, this friend is able to become the other person by trigger, without even entering a trance. He only needs to enter trance to add a new persona to his collection. If you are capable of achieving a deep rapport and deep trance with your subject, you may be able to guide them through the creation of their own version of this, which if they make it to fit in with their mind, will work more smoothly for them than something forced upon them by the hypnotist.

As another element of our online roleplay, I have done experiments on remote sensory stimulation by reading what you're supposed to feel... it is interesting, but not quite, for either of us, on par with real contact.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby maksio5 » July 8th, 2007, 6:22 am

hmm...well would be interesting if there was also an option to breath yourself into some kind of situation or setting. Lets say after waking up you are the person/creature/whatever and are at the beggining of a certain situation. The only thing, is that this would have to happen in subjects head only, just like a dream
maksio5
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis