Maybe a stupid question...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Maybe a stupid question...

Postby HornyVirgin » June 27th, 2007, 10:44 pm

Well, this is probably a stupid question, but how long does it take for a trance to wear off by itself? I'm just afraid of acciddentally listening to a file without an awakener.
HornyVirgin

Postby Draygone » June 27th, 2007, 10:59 pm

Easy, actually. Your mind has a "fail-safe" that, when it realizes that it's no longer being talked to, it starts waking up. Or at least, according to this one stage magician I watched says so.

But that definately seems to be the case for me, 'cause often the wake-up portion of these files fail to wake me up. It's only when things become silent that my mind realizes that it's overwith.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » June 28th, 2007, 12:38 am

And even if that didnt work the worst that would happen would you stay asleep for a few hours as you would in a normal sleep.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby hexagon77 » June 28th, 2007, 10:24 am

Well i don't think you can get stuck. Think in worst case it would be this "fell asleep" feeling for some hours. Or till something else "outside" wakes you. A ringing phone, doorbell or someone else showing up.

I had this happen with triggers installed by other when doing live chat sessions. I fit my own up with some protection if we get disconnected usually. So there was this one person whos line dropped... stayed in trance a few minutes till the daughter showed up.

I think it is not even possible to keep someone in trance even if you gave a suggestion like "i want you to stay in trance forever" or "i want you to stay n trance as long as you can"... first why should someone give a suggestion like that? And second.. i think at some point you may wake up anyway. When nothing is happening around, when the phone rings, when you need to go to the toilet or get hungry.... the self protection part is working quite well in those cases i'd say.
hexagon77
Regular
Regular

Postby blah666 » June 28th, 2007, 11:28 am

I think it's pretty much the same with sleep. You can sleep long, let's say 12 hours, but after that you will lie in bed, but can't get a shut eye.
blah666
Regular
Regular

Postby ShadowSabre » June 28th, 2007, 9:40 pm

If you're worried, you could always set an alarm clock for 15 minutes or half an hour after the file should end. (If you're working over IM, this is a bit harder. Maybe tell the hypnotist and set it for an hour or two.) It'll wake you up for sure without disturbing you in the middle.
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis