Question about trances?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Question about trances?

Postby Psychomech » May 30th, 2005, 9:49 am

About how long does it usually take before one goes into a trance the first time? I have been listening to several of the induction files repeatedly and even a couple of the other files atleast 15 times a day for the last 2 weeks :cry: I have yet to get a state of relaxation that people have been describing. And I even try to listen to them via CD about 2-3 times before going to sleep.... could it be that i am listening to a file that is wrong for me? I have tried the Focus, the general one, deepening 1 and 2, and confusion... While i DO relax while listening I just can't seem to enter a trance like state...

P.S. The induction files are GREAT for releaving anxity while at work also. Although it DID freak out a co-worker of mine
Psychomech

Postby Psychomech » May 30th, 2005, 9:51 am

PPS My Yahoo ID and email on here is for my master... so if you don't want to talk to him just reply here.
Psychomech

Postby a3a2004 » May 30th, 2005, 9:52 am

Try LRinduction2
a3a2004
Regular
Regular

Postby danmalara » May 30th, 2005, 11:05 am

Make sure that you believe that you can achive the trance state. If you don't think you can then you probably won't. That's all I can tell you right now, I'll let other people try to help too. :lol:
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loadedkaos » May 30th, 2005, 11:50 am

I agree with danmarla, it's important to have a positive attitude about your ability to be hypnotized. I would also suggest try TrainSusceptable it works pretty well for me even if I snap out of it or I'm still not under after the induction I still eventually go under because the whole thing constantly reafirms going under.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Agriff » May 30th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Do you feel like you may be falling asleep during the file?

And are there many distractions around you while you listen (I.E people talking next to you, a busy highway, etc).

Other than that im not sure what could be wrong, take dans advice as well.
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Psychomech » May 31st, 2005, 8:22 pm

I don't feel like i need to fall asleep... but i only seem to fall asleep with the furry transformation file during the induction part.

danmalara: I do believe i can go into a trance...

Agriff: Atfirst i don'y feel like i need to fall asleep. and I try to do listen to the files i burn onto CD in my bedroom with the lights out and and no extranious files...
Psychomech

Postby danmalara » May 31st, 2005, 11:58 pm

OK....tell me what happens when you go under. Maybe you are in a trance and just don't know it. I've always been able to achieve a trance, but what really made me belive that I could easily take in suggestions, was when I went and saw a stage hypnotist's show. So if you ever get the chance go to one of those shows and try as hard as you can to get picked. A real live person may do it for you, and if he/she does, then you will be able to enter a trance much more easily. (At least from my expirences)
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Psychomech » June 2nd, 2005, 10:10 am

danmalara wrote:OK....tell me what happens when you go under. Maybe you are in a trance and just don't know it. I've always been able to achieve a trance, but what really made me belive that I could easily take in suggestions, was when I went and saw a stage hypnotist's show. So if you ever get the chance go to one of those shows and try as hard as you can to get picked. A real live person may do it for you, and if he/she does, then you will be able to enter a trance much more easily. (At least from my expirences)

ok... here's what happens I usually put on a set of headphones that i know will block out most of the extranious noise... lie down on the bed (most comfortable place in the house) start a CD of burned hypnosis sessions (usually 2 or 3 of them... set to repeat over and over the max i have put on a CD was 5 but that was files without inductions) I then turn on the CD and just relax... the closest to a trance i have been is after listening to an induction file is feeling like my arms and legs feeling like lead weights and can move if need be... and then if i can make it through 2 filesw i usually fall asleep.
Psychomech

Postby Jack » June 2nd, 2005, 3:07 pm

Questions, questions, questions...

How do you know you're falling asleep?
How does your body feel when you listen to the files?
What do you remember when you wake up?
When do you wake up?
Have you ever just listened to one of the CDs without putting repeat on?
Have you listened to any of these trigger files like trigfreeze2 and then used a test(ex: freezetest.mp3) to check in your experience if it works?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » June 2nd, 2005, 6:52 pm

I agree with Jack: lots of questions. And questions are fine, even if some appear to be rooted in anxiety. Am I in trance yet? If so, how can I tell? If not, why not?

Have you ever listened to a CD, tape, or car radio...and you find yourself, several hours later, humming the last tune you heard? (If you were driving the car when you heard the tune, I hope you weren't in trance. :wink: ) The point is that the tune made an impression on your mind, and the impression stayed with you. Chances are that it was not the first time you had heard the tune.

If you haven't done the same thing with a theme/jingle from a McDonald's or Coke ad, Madison Avenue is wasting big bucks on advertising.

These tunes are having an impact on your mind, whether or not you are in trance. They are appealing, and they are repeated often. Likewise, the files--any of the files--will have an impact on your mind via repetition, whether you're in trance or not.

Listening to the files is not some sort of religious ritual that requires you to genuflect or cross yourself at precisely the right instant. If your mind wanders while you're listening to a file, so what. If your leg itches, so what. Listen enough and the files will have an effect.

Going into trance is like going to sleep. The quickest way to stay awake all night long is to lie in bed and keep asking yourself why you're not asleep yet.

Suppose you are one of the few unfortunate people that can never manage a trance. Ask yourself this question: is your life so indescribably horrible that it's not worth going on...unless you can enter a trance? I hope that the answer there is no. If the answer is yes, then you may need some heavy-duty help that no recording can give you.

Trust me. Life's not so bad, even if your mind wanders and you have an itch. Relax and enjoy listening to the files. They will have an effect.

But maybe not by 2:32 pm tomorrow afternoon. :wink:

PS to Psychomech: Go light on listening to hypnofiles at work. If you freaked out your co-worker, how many times might he tell the tale? And if you are asked by a supervisor why you were listening to the tapes during work hours, it may not be a wise move to tell him that the files relieve your at-work anxiety. What conclusions might an unimaginative supervisor draw from all that?
Best bet: leave the files at home.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Psychomech » June 3rd, 2005, 12:41 pm

sandy82 wrote:I agree with Jack: lots of questions. And questions are fine, even if some appear to be rooted in anxiety. Am I in trance yet? If so, how can I tell? If not, why not?

Have you ever listened to a CD, tape, or car radio...and you find yourself, several hours later, humming the last tune you heard? (If you were driving the car when you heard the tune, I hope you weren't in trance. :wink: ) The point is that the tune made an impression on your mind, and the impression stayed with you. Chances are that it was not the first time you had heard the tune.

If you haven't done the same thing with a theme/jingle from a McDonald's or Coke ad, Madison Avenue is wasting big bucks on advertising.

These tunes are having an impact on your mind, whether or not you are in trance. They are appealing, and they are repeated often. Likewise, the files--any of the files--will have an impact on your mind via repetition, whether you're in trance or not.

Listening to the files is not some sort of religious ritual that requires you to genuflect or cross yourself at precisely the right instant. If your mind wanders while you're listening to a file, so what. If your leg itches, so what. Listen enough and the files will have an effect.

Going into trance is like going to sleep. The quickest way to stay awake all night long is to lie in bed and keep asking yourself why you're not asleep yet.

Suppose you are one of the few unfortunate people that can never manage a trance. Ask yourself this question: is your life so indescribably horrible that it's not worth going on...unless you can enter a trance? I hope that the answer there is no. If the answer is yes, then you may need some heavy-duty help that no recording can give you.

Trust me. Life's not so bad, even if your mind wanders and you have an itch. Relax and enjoy listening to the files. They will have an effect.

But maybe not by 2:32 pm tomorrow afternoon. :wink:

PS to Psychomech: Go light on listening to hypnofiles at work. If you freaked out your co-worker, how many times might he tell the tale? And if you are asked by a supervisor why you were listening to the tapes during work hours, it may not be a wise move to tell him that the files relieve your at-work anxiety. What conclusions might an unimaginative supervisor draw from all that?
Best bet: leave the files at home.

I know i can enter a trance because i used to doit all the time as a child. I am not wanting to escape.. i just want the relaxation i used to have when i did enter those trances from days gone by.

Well I plan on leaving them at home when the inductions start working... besides.. they do have a calming effect on me while i work believe me... when you deal with as many drunks as i do per night you need something..... I already know what to tell my supervisor... it's to help me stop smoking which is ONE reason i have took up selfhypnosis....

Psy
Psychomech

Postby sandy82 » June 4th, 2005, 8:25 am

An excellent solution! It pays to have given the issue some thought, and you obviously have done so. Congrats!

Psychomech wrote: I already know what to tell my supervisor... it's to help me stop smoking which is ONE reason i have took up selfhypnosis....
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby maskedwomyn » June 6th, 2005, 6:36 pm

Psychomech wrote:Well I plan on leaving them at home when the inductions start working... besides.. they do have a calming effect on me while i work believe me... when you deal with as many drunks as i do per night you need something..... I already know what to tell my supervisor... it's to help me stop smoking which is ONE reason i have took up selfhypnosis....Psy

You might be surprised at when they start working. When i first began to listen to mp3 hypnosis inductions i never entered a deep trance, but after listening to the same induction for several months i noticed that my behavior was changing to match the induction outcomes. The files can work without ever getting into deep trance. Things move more rapidly when you get into deep trance but they work even when you don't.

the masked womyn
maskedwomyn
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis