Rejection

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Rejection

Postby Smfx » August 4th, 2007, 12:14 am

I have a really weird tale, but I want to share. In my efforts to try and find trance, I tried a live session over mics, hoping the real voice would have more success, and although I did feel a little more deep then other times, something really weird happened as well. My body, like, rejected the hypnosis, while we finished, and after the session I felt like throwing up, i think it is a sign I should stop, saddening.
Has anyone had or heard of a problem like this? I would really like it to work, but I don't want to push myself so far I get sick or worse.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » August 4th, 2007, 1:29 am

I'd meditate on what you really want out of hypnosis. Physical symptoms are often a sign of brain functioning. If you have butterflies in your stomach, that often means something excites you. But if you are getting physically ill, you might want to rethink what you are doing.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

poser

Postby Melsa » August 4th, 2007, 9:23 am

I tranced him easily enough after his rejection episode with another tist. But before I finished he pulls out saying he got what he needed from me. Now I'm really annoyed. I wonder if he realizes how aggravating it is to waste someones time and effort like that. I thought I'd warn any other tists he comes grovelling to. As far as I have seen, he's just a poser.
Melsa
Regular
Regular

Postby goldragon_70 » August 4th, 2007, 10:17 pm

Smfx, how did you feel before you got sick? Depending on how you felt, the suggestion, and your mindset, there could be several reasons that you got sick.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby Smfx » August 6th, 2007, 3:30 am

You didn't trance me Melsa, I was just going along with the session, hoping to go under, I got relaxed, but never under. I just feel like what I realized in your session was that I don't have enough trust me to let anyone else take me down, I have to take myself down, or find what is blocking my trust. So I am back to just meditating, hoping to find my solution.
It wasn't really a suggestion that caused my stomach ache, just the thought of losing my mind, and maybe my untrust to let the TIST to control my mind.
Again Melsa, I did say I was sorry for waisting your time, though it was only a few mins, I can't repay you, except to say you were helpful in a way that didn't involve taking me into trance. I am sorry I am such a hard case, it is just who I am, I can't stop it, that is what I am searching for now.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby rugbyjockca » August 7th, 2007, 4:59 pm

Hey smfx,

I think I may have had a similar experience a few years ago. It was one of the few times where I'd been hypnotised by a real person, in person. It was mainly just an into session, no real triggers or post-hypnotic suggestions, mainly deepening and waking, etc.

The 'tist used the idea of an "inner self", a philosophy I don't personally subscribe to, but while under, he was successful in evoking a "dormant", protective personality that was quite seperate and distinct from my conscious one.

Afterward, I started feeling -really- uneasy, and after we'd parted ways I had a full-blown anxiety attack, and was depressed for weeks afterward. The anxiety and depression have other causes as well, but I'm sure that the session triggered that instance.

It was probably about a year, maybe more, until I felt ready to try any sort of hypnosis (even MP3s, grock, etc, situations where I had 100% control), and even now I'm not eager to try an in-person session, until/unless I'm comfortable with the 'tist's approach. Just safe, pre-recorded MP3s for me.

I assume that what happened is that there was a conflict between my psyche and the 'tist's approach, and that I wasn't prepared for it (and the 'tist wasn't aware...I should probably have told him what happened instead of just not ever answering his emails....).

The good news is that it affirmed for me that hypnosis really IS a powerful tool, one that should be respected and understood, and also that I -can- be brought under. I just need to be more careful with my subconscious.
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Smfx » August 7th, 2007, 10:20 pm

Thanks very much for sharing your story. I don't feel so alone, that I am such a weird case. I am still working on it, with light success, but hearing your story inspires me to keep going. I just have to find out what is wrong with me, although that is what I wanted hypnotism for in the first place. *sigh* Annoying catch-22, but if I keep playing maybe I will find that solution I am looking for.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis