allergies?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

allergies?

Postby deviousxen » September 2nd, 2007, 12:38 am

Maybe we can somehow influence the subconscious to stop being allergic to certain things...

Suggestions people? Zyrtec fails at giving you a life. :)
deviousxen

Postby deviousxen » September 3rd, 2007, 12:48 am

How? You're essentially controlling the immune system.
deviousxen

Postby cardigan » September 3rd, 2007, 1:52 am

I made my grass allergy go away 2 years ago with self-hypnosis. No problemo.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby maskedsow » September 3rd, 2007, 5:55 am

can you be allergic to hypnosis?
maskedsow
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » September 3rd, 2007, 10:58 pm

WizDom wrote:I got over my allergies after using Taoist techniques...Might be worth a try instead of hypnosis.

I would also suggest meditation techniques. Allergies are often a learned response to external stimuli. Becoming conscious of the response is key to learning how to stop doing it.

It's like any bad habit, really.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » September 4th, 2007, 6:34 am

The NLP allergy cure using anchors is another good one too.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Draygone » September 4th, 2007, 9:56 am

Probably not a good idea to use to fix allergies against food, though.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby HypnoWraith » September 20th, 2007, 5:22 pm

I agree with allergies being a learned response. Most of my allergies were cured by controlled exposure. The only major allergy I still have is cats, and a lot of that is my intense dislike for them. ;-) Keep in mind that none of my allergies were food allergies.
Always looking for comments and suggestions on my new Hypno Domination blog, http://hypnodom.blogspot.com !
HypnoWraith
Regular
Regular

Postby liljonny » September 21st, 2007, 7:15 pm

cardigan wrote:I made my grass allergy go away 2 years ago with self-hypnosis. No problemo.

I have grass allergies too. Maybe you would like to make a file.
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » September 22nd, 2007, 3:47 am

Check you private messages.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » April 6th, 2008, 6:44 am

i have been trying to think of how to make a file for my mothers grass allergy and have got stuck. I am not sure which avenue to go down to make it work properly.

Cardigan do you still have your script for that grass allergy, any hints would be greatly appreciated.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby steve14 » April 6th, 2008, 10:34 am

i stopped having allergy attacks by getting rest (exhaustion weakened my system )and taking antioxedents ... no experience trying hypnosis sounds interesting report your results and let us know...
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » April 6th, 2008, 1:32 pm

Well, right now I only have the script in Danish, that I used on myself. It's a bit tedious to translate, but the essence is to do a visualization and go into your body to where the white blood corpuscles are being made - in the bone marrow, for instance - and to see it making these without the antibodies of things that you are allergic to. Remember to tell your subconscious that it can control all the functions of your body, which is why you can do stuff like this. That it controls the production of hormones, your heartbeat etc and that you can change important features of your body and your immune system through hypnosis.

Also tell your subconscious that your body is misunderstanding the significance of grass pollen (for instance). When you inhale grass pollen and it is in your bloodstream this is not a major attack on you and your immune system does not have to launch a counterattack. It's actually the effects of the counterattack - the release of histamines, that makes you sick! so convince your body that it is not under attack and need not react - just ignore and forget!

Lastly you might create some kind of signal to yourself to minimize the effects of an acute allergic reaction - for instance pressing two fingers together and taking a deep breath or something - and teach your system to fight back an allergic reaction if one comes along.

That's about the essence of it. Anyway it sure helped me! You can find some help and documentation on www.wendi.com.

Good luck!
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » April 6th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Thanks cardigan, thats just what i needed.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Lissar » April 6th, 2008, 9:19 pm

As someone who's studying immunology, inflammation, and hypersensitivity, and as someone who suffers from several chronic inflammatory diseases, some of which are allergy-like in nature, I have to say that hypersensitivity is a lot more complicated than just antibodies.

IgE isotype antibodies can actually activate mast cells by cross-linking, even without any antigen. Also, people can develop allergies late in life, or even get over childhood allergies. It's freaking ridiculous. One of my professors likes to joke that if anyone ever did come up with a cure for allergies, Johnson & Johnson would have them assassinated, since then no one would ever buy Benadryl.

I have heard of alternative ways to treat allergies, and while I don't want to devalue them when they've worked, I do think that it's important to keep in mind that being sick or having allergies shouldn't be boiled down to "choices." I didn't choose to have chronic inflammatory diseases (going on four years now), and while there are things I can do to treat them, I don't think it's a good idea to make people feel as if it's as easy as hypnotizing yourself out of your allergies. Again, I'm not saying that hypnosis hasn't worked to help people with allergies in the past. But I've been working very hard to get into a position to do hard, scientific research to figure out more about hypersensitivity and inflammation, and it's friggin' complicated.

Ugh, I'm finishing up a book (for class) on the FDA ban on silicone-gel breast implants in the US in 1992, and the author had an entire chapter putting down several "anti-science" groups, as well as alternate medicine and homeopathy. I do use homeopathic remedies for things such as colds and yeast infections, and so I resent the author's attitude (I especially hate how she poo-poo'd feminists while claiming to be a feminist herself--yes, that's how you unite women against patriarchy).

But at the same time, allergies are more complicated than your body reacting against a non-dangerous antigen, and while I don't want to invalidate people living with specific allergies, at least you can avoid an allergic reaction by avoiding allergens. For me, the cause of my allergies and inflammation are idiopathic, and so while everyone else can avoid cats or peanut butter, I just have to take an antihistamine every night and hope that I don't wake up the next day with any hives or swelling. So while I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't try to utilize hypnosis to alleviate allergies, please keep in mind that the immune system is incredibly complex and hard to understand, and hypersensitivity is so under-researched that we're not that close to coming up with better treatments or even a cure for allergies. So if hypnosis doesn't work to treat your allergies, it's because allergies really, really, really suck.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm in the middle of a flare-up, and I had my lip swell up today when I had to play a master class tonight. Uuuugh. Anyway, good luck to anyone who is trying to use hypnosis. If anyone has any questions about allergies, I have my textbooks and access to a lot of journal databases, so feel free to ask if you think it will help refine scripts.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis