Preparing For Hypnosis - What Works Best For You?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Preparing For Hypnosis - What Works Best For You?

Postby bruoy » April 8th, 2005, 7:37 pm

I'm interested in hearing what works best for people when they prepare themselves for trance.
bruoy

Postby Lord_Mizaru » April 8th, 2005, 7:41 pm

Not much prep needed. Make yourself comfy, shut off the phone ringers, turn off the IM programs, and go under.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

para me

Postby danmalara » April 8th, 2005, 7:42 pm

I like to lock myself in my room, get in bed with my mp3 player, lay down and get under the covers (as if I was going to go to bed), get extreeeeemly comfortable, put on my head phones, and hit the play button. :D
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hatebreeder » April 10th, 2005, 12:40 pm

I usually just lay on the bed, make sure no ones beating each other to death on the street outside or anything else loud and annoying and just relax. I had tried just sitting in a chair initially, this did nothing for me. I just couldn't get comfortable, though inversely some people report that lying down just makes them go to sleep halfway through the file.

Just try it every which way and see which facilitates relaxation best for *you*, different strokes for different folks and all that.
Hatebreeder

Postby CAINE » April 10th, 2005, 2:29 pm

I try to do it when I'm relaxed, but not sleepy, and not stressed out. When I do do it, I lay on my couch and listen to it on my mp3 player.
Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

i cant

Postby Cubeguru » April 14th, 2005, 5:07 pm

dudes i cant listen when im not tired cos everytime i try in the middle of the day some random person always walks in and thinks its really creepy cos i listen in the dark......(close curtains) so i always have to end up listening at lke 1:00 in the morning
Cubeguru
Regular
Regular

Postby danmalara » April 14th, 2005, 5:37 pm

Have you ever fallen asleep in the middle of an induction??
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » April 15th, 2005, 1:25 pm

I did during self-hypnosis in bed last night. This morning I was thinking 'why the fuck can't I remember the rest of the induction?' Then I realised I'd relaxed my body, was about to start counting down and just dropped off.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby bruoy » April 15th, 2005, 4:02 pm

I've fallen asleep once or twice, but my problem is that as I start to go under I seem to get hyper-sensitive, and notice every little itch on my body, which proves to be very distracting... :(
bruoy

Postby danmalara » April 15th, 2005, 5:40 pm

That's funny, the same thing happens to me. Although I don't get too many itches, I get distracted more by spit in my mouth. It starts to run down my throught and then I have to swallow, and it disrupts me a little. These things don't happen to me often, but they are still quite annoying.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loadedkaos » April 15th, 2005, 7:56 pm

Thr itching and the saliva gets to me too, plus I have allergies which causes me to caugh occasionally but I've read that the relaxation doesn't matter as much as your ability to just tune everything out and focus. I also find it helps to have an empty stomach.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » April 16th, 2005, 9:04 am

Yeah, apparently if you have an itch, you should scratch it and try not to think about it. If you leave it, it'll bug you and draw from your concentration.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis