Cursed World

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Cursed World

Postby Smfx » October 10th, 2007, 10:13 pm

I know some of you might know my as the friendly hypnotist, and others might know me as the terrible subject, but I thought I would just post about my luck and experience I recently had.

Well, I tried the Bubble induction so many subjects had told me about, and I do agree it is most relaxing, and took what felt like trance, but once I was in what it felt like, I was in for quite the shock.

It wasn't a peaceful relaxing paradise, it was some kind of nightmare. I was assaulted by fears I have to deal with, things that make no sense, making it impossible to pull together even the simplistic thought, let alone learn some command or trigger.

This just brings me back to the idea that I am cursed to help everyone but myself, but I guess I can't stop trying. I just have no idea how to calm the craziness, relaxing is what got me there, and pulling together thoughts just quickly get destroyed.

Anyone have an experience like this and would like to share? I love learning more, hoping one day I will in fact find the problem with me.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby Smfx » October 15th, 2007, 6:07 pm

I tried relaxing once again today, just doing it without a audio file, using my own mind to bring myself down and relaxed. I don't know if I ever feel into trance, but once I feel asleep, I had another round of pecular dreams.

I have just moved into college, it being two hours from home I have visited it once since move in. In my dream I had supposedly started a drive to home, feel asleep, and when I awoke, I was home, in the care, in the middle of the lawn, with no scratches.

After that point, I was in my room, after a quick greeting from my parents, alone. It was a monday, so I was angered I had to drive back at night or in the morning, and couldn't pull myself to do anything. I kept semi waking up, seeing myself in my college dorm, them back to my room at home, and I started to get freaked out about what was real, and what was not.

Eventuality my roomies alarm woke me up, and I was out of another strange dream, but the paranoia and fear still is around me, making my hands a little shakey as I type this.

I don't know why I am sharing, I guess cause I just like to talk. I hope that once my psyche calms down, maybe then I will be able to hypnotize, but for now I am in crazy land I guess. Anyone else have stories to share?
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby abunidal » October 16th, 2007, 3:18 pm

I've read somewhere that being in hypnosis, a state in which the subconsciuous is very active, might bring back traumas long supposed to buried back to the wake conscious. You seem to react very strongly to hypnosis, so it might be a wise idea to abstain from any pre-recorded files.

Or, in turn, you could go and see a professional hypnotist or psychotherapist. That meight enable you turning your problems into a powerful tool.

Just my two cents as an armchair-psychologist :)
abunidal

Postby Smfx » October 16th, 2007, 4:28 pm

For traumatic experiences, I say none that I can remember....well, one that I can't remember, but people have told me about.

When I was really younger, I think I was not even a year, or only one, like I said I can not remember, on Christmas day I broke the inside of my mouth with a jump rope. I had it in my mouth and the person on the other end shook it like a whip it broke the top of my mouth, tearing off the skin and I had to go in for surgery. I personally remember none of it, when I first heard it when I was 5, I was like, "That happened to me? are you sure?"

So maybe that memory is what made me who I am, maybe the nightmares are from that, but I just don't know, just wanted to share, so maybe it would help me in some way.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Postby Darkmind » October 16th, 2007, 7:10 pm

Traumas (in this context) are things that have had a large psychological or emotional impact on you, not things that were major events. Being left alone for an hour at the wrong time can be a major trauma, or it can be nothing, depending on the person and what was going on inside their head. Don't expect to be able to guess what they were. 8)

They were important to you, and if you remember them you probably remember them clearly, but you may not remember them at all; they were 'normal' and you have told yourself that enough that you believe it. (And even if you remember them clearly you may not consciously attach much importance to them.)

I'll echo the advice that if you want to get to the root of it to find someone trained.
Darkmind
Regular
Regular

Postby Smfx » October 31st, 2007, 6:27 pm

Well, in my latest trial with a hypnotist online, I got closer and much more relaxed, but then I got to a troubling point. I was still awake, but so very tired, but I knew I wasn't in trance so I closing my eyes to relax more. Soon, it turned into starting to dream, but luckly, since it wasn't about hypnosis, I woke up, once again at the relaxed, but not relaxed enough state, so I am stuck once again. I was wondering if there are any hypnotists near UCI, which is in california, that would like to meet and try hypnotising me sometime. Thanks for anyone willing to give me the time, bye.
Smfx
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis